• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Toys from the past...They wouldn't let you have now :eek

k2-_f723783a-dbbc-4afd-a420-8840151d47bb.v1.jpg-cbbb560705d241b594802aa232c6d98e84f58314-optim-.jpeg

Probably a good thing these were not Walmart available back in the day.Not sure if they still are.

When they first were mass marketed, many issues with local pets and wildlife having darts protruding from them.

Surprisingly enough, Washington state has not gone total nanny yet, and we can still let kids ride in the back of pick up truck. There is something about seat belts though.

I once saw a guy fall out of the back of a pickup truck. It didn't look like an experience i'd want to emulate.

Being young was a great time, it sounds like for all of us. However, I do believe we grew up in the best of times and I really wouldn't want to go back to being young as the way things are now. Just not the same world at all.
I was thinking that this thread has been sitting deep in the background for some time.
I thought a quote from the late ShortyThorne was a good reintroduction.
OM

rbr46wu78h371-XL.jpg

lol...who can forget running like hell with your hands covering your head and NOT looking up while running away from those..

My brother and I used to throw them over our two story house to each other.

There are a lot of things I had as a kid that I wouldn't want a kid to have today. The carbon tetrachloride in my butterfly collecting kit, for example. Or the stuff in my chemistry set. Or the DDT we kept in the garage.

Some of those things are no longer available and that's probably all for the better.

Back