• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

swing arm bushings

Tarkus

Tarkus
At the Rally in West Bend Paul Glaves mentioned bronze bushings as a desirable replacement for the needle bearings in the swing arm. Was he refering to older R/K bikes or are there bushings available for the K1200LT swing arm? If so is what/who/where is the source? Thanks for any info.

Matt.
Kalamazoo, MI
2000 K1200LTc (Tarkus)

Point of clarification.

The bushings I referred to are for the Paralever pivots where the final drive (rear end) attaches at the back of the driveshaft.

They fit the Paralever K1100, K1200 bikes (not the new K12) and the Oilhead bikes through the older generation - not including those with the big hole through the middle.

Jess Lindley designed them. Tom Cutter (RubberChickenRacingGarage.com) sells them - $120

Thanks, Paul,

And since I've got you here.......Where do you get the Dow Corning M Gear Guard? Or the TS Moly you mentioned in your recent article. I looked all over town today and couldn't find either one. TIA

Matt.
2000 K1200LTc "Tarkus"
Kalamazoo, MI

Thanks, Paul,

And since I've got you here.......Where do you get the Dow Corning M Gear Guard? Or the TS Moly you mentioned in your recent article. I looked all over town today and couldn't find either one. TIA

Matt.
2000 K1200LTc "Tarkus"
Kalamazoo, MI

I buy Dow Molykote M (Gear Guard) from IBT, a bearing house. Most industrial bearing supply houses have it or can get it.

or similar products are available at:

www.tsmoly.com

or their subsidiary:

www.guarddogmoly.com

Last edited:
Back