• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Summer riding pants

bandman

I'm looking for some good hot weather riding pants. I was looking at the BMW summer pants 2. They look good but does anyone know of some other nice pants - mesh inside? that are good and don't cost the $200.00 that the bmw pants do.? I just want the most for my money. Any help?

The BMW Summer pants last and last, and they are worth the extra money, IMO. Get black, they don't show the dirt.

The Long and Tall of it...

I have the new Olympia Airglide II jacket and love it!
Wanted the pants but they have no Long/Tall options.
I wear 34/36 jeans.
Tried on their Large, fit nice standing up, rode 4" above the hemline of the jeans seated on the bike.
Tried the extra large, There was just too much extra and hardly any extra length.

Anyone else having this problem with Mesh pants?

If I get another brand, are the zippers to attach the pants to the jacket fairly standard or am I looking for a tailor after I find the right pants?

FYI, The Airglide in Silver is a remarkable improvement over any of my black gear this summer. I need light colors here in the south. Even bought a White helmet.
Huge differences at any kind of a stop or slow down.

I have the BMW Summer Pants. Love 'em.

Me too..love those 2005 BMW summer pants. I have the tan ones, they do show dirt or oil flecks after some long road rides. Crashed in them once and they knee supports really helped, althoug they do not come with hip supports even though they have hip pockets for them. Worth the cost.....

I purchased the Tour Master Venture Air Pant for $150.00 at my BMW dealer. I am now able to ride in warmer weather than in the past. THey come with a rain liner and cold weather liner - very easy to change.

I just got Olympia Recon pants this past Monday (along with their Airglide II jacket) and put on 1000 miles on Thursday and Friday in temps from the mid-60s to low 90s (along with some light rain). I love the pants! They were extremely comfortable in the temp range I experienced, fit very well, seem to be well made and have practical features.

Perhaps the best part is that they list American sizes. I'm 6'3", 203 lbs and usually wear 36W/36L jeans; the nearest Recon pants siz was 36W/35L and they fit like my jeans. I hate the crapshoot of ordering garments with a size of "L" or some Euro designation like "43". As far as pants riding-up it's probably more dependant on riding position and clothing fit; I'm not sure how the Recons could ride 4" above the hem of jeans, as they're not intended as overpants.

I was holding my breath when I ordered the Olympias, but I'm very, very happy with my choice.

Definitely get the Summer Pants. Well worth the investment, look great year after year and the incorporated armor make them a logical choice. The black are easier to care for, but the tan machine wash well.

Back