• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Source for values on vintage BMW's

libwwv

Hi,
Looking for a source to find the value or values of vintage BMW's. I'm pretty well schooled on the /5's and up, but not on the pre 70's.
interested in the R27, but not sure if small displacement is the answer....Thus knowing the value will help if I need to re-sell.
Thanks in advance
Will

Will -

IMO that's a pretty big target to hit. There does seem to be quite the range of prices for the pre 1970 bikes...it varies for no particular reason. However, the numbers produced might have something to do with the costs. The R27, especially towards the end, was getting to be a very reasonable bike...rear swingam, Earles fork, rubber mounted engine, although 18 Hp didn't really translate to a lot of speed, certainly not freeway speed. Costs will also vary relative to the amount of restoration work that has been done and also the quality of the maintenance...but that's the same with most anything.

As for pricing, you would need to pay attention to the market by trolling the various online sites that sell bikes - ebay, IBMWR, other vintage forums. That will give you some sense of what the market might be...subject to change, though. You could look at the link in my sig line...near the bottom is a link to the NADA used bike guidelines...it's just another point for consideration.

Kurt,
Thank you for the reply! I believe the vintage airheads are out of my price range, but will continue to do my homework and look for one,
The R27 seems ideal for my needs.....And theres a beauty on the forum.
Cheers
Will

Craig Vechorik of Benchmark Works in Sturgis, Mississippi is the real expert. You should try to attend his Vintage rally in the Spring and get educated.

Back