• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Sena SR10 Noise

Sorry if this has been covered but I could not find an answer. I have a Sena 20s paired to an iphone for calls, music, google maps. Phone is powered by its own battery or a 12v iphone lead to a wired to battery port for power. Everything works fine on or off charger cord and when the bike is on or off.

I have a Sena Sr10 paired to the Sena 20s. I would like to power the SR10 from the bike so its one less thing to charge every night. However, when I plug in the supplied 12v micro usb power cord for the SR10 there is loud buzzing coming through the Sena 20s speakers. Plus any accessory or function involving sound is gone due to the buzzing overpowering it. As soon as you unplug the power from the SR10 everything sounds great, phones, radar detector input to SR10, basically perfect. Plug in the power to SR10 here comes the buzzing. I must note this happens when the bike is running and not running.

So I am assuming its a ground loop issue with the BMW electrical system,and not audio issue since the SR10 does this with nothing plugged into it when tested. No inputs are turned on, no music, no radar unit piped in, no gps, its as soon as you plug power into the SR10 that it starts humming in the headsets of the Sena 20s. Its not bike model specific happening both to K1200GT 08 and 08 R1200 GS.

Anyone have suggestions? Device or in line filter module?

Cheers,

Mark

Last edited:
Sena SR 10 noise

Thanks for reply but as noted this is not an audio problem. Buzzing happens as soon you power up the SR10 with a 12v power supply. The noise is being broadcast via blue tooth from SR10 to Sena 20s, with nothing plugged into SR 10 aux ports.

Mark, you might want to contact Adam Schoolsky, RocketMoto https://www.rocketmoto.com/index.php/contact/

He is extremely knowledgeable in that field and likely has exactly what you need in stock, and he uses high-quality products that he specs out to do the job right. Using non-product specific parts can be hit and miss if you're not completely up on that stuff and know what will work best the first time. Adam has setup a lot of SR10 combos and most other communications products for bikes.

Sena 10 Noise

Alan,

Great minds think alike and I called and left VM with them yesterday.

Cheers,

Mark

Alan,

Great minds think alike and I called and left VM with them yesterday.

Cheers,

Mark
Adam is a good fellow and knows his stuff, very thorough. Too bad you're so far away from his shop, he has some very nice vintage bikes including a sweet and rare Guzzi and a couple of single cylinder Ducatis that are in excellent shape. Some pictures are on his website, but not everything.

Back