• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Sena 10s vs 10r

10R is nice package but if you plan long rides I wasn't happy with battery life. I think 5-6 hours was best I got out of it on a long day and then I had to ride with dangling cord and it doesn't recharge while you ride, just lets you play music, etc. (that issue is identical on 10s)
just my .02

Good luck,
Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I recently upgraded from the older SMH-10 to the new 10S. Works well, and as for battery life, I recently rode for 13 hours talking to my riding buddy for much of that (and we kept the intercom open virtually non-stop that entire ride), and the battery life was just fine. Can't offer any comparisons to the other unit.

I use a SMH 10R. No problem at all with battery life on 10-hour days (but I don't use as intercom, just for GPS and occasionally for music at low speeds).

Back