• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Cardo & Sena Communicators

Weird. I have the same setup and while the audio isn't audiophile quality, I have no problem hearing it or directions from nav tools.

You know you have to have the sound on your phone up all the way? If not, you'll top out the Sena's little amp and still not hear it well, but with tons of distortion. I can listen to a podcast pretty easily and phone calls are no problem, if I ever pick them up. Kinda surprised it doesn't work for you. This is my second Shoei with the Sena system. This one is different than the one that was in my Neotech 1.

Even at highway speeds and "extralegal, you're probably gonna go to jail" speeds I have no issue with hearing the audio output. But I do have to remember to turn my phone's sound up all the way before I leave or I won't be able to hear it.

Its been a while Dave since I bought this set-up in 2016. But I am sure I would have done so. Things like that cross my mind. I'll give it another try except this time, inside since the bike is put away. I'll try adjusting the volume and noting the change.

Its been a while Dave since I bought this set-up in 2016. But I am sure I would have done so. Things like that cross my mind. I'll give it another try except this time, inside since the bike is put away. I'll try adjusting the volume and noting the change.

You bet. I figure you usually know what you're doing, but the linkage between phone volume and helmet volume surprised me at first.

I hope you find a solution. I really enjoy listening to music while I ride and when we rode together, it was handy when we were trying to figure out where to eat, where to stay, "I saw a cop over there" and the like.

You bet. I figure you usually know what you're doing, but the linkage between phone volume and helmet volume surprised me at first.

Just gave it a try, Dave.

Here I am sitting in the kitchen with my helmet on like Marvin the Martian and I played with the volume on my phone listening to music. As expected the set volume in the helmet changed as I increased and decreases the volume on my phone. If anything I'll set my phone to MAX and use the volume + & - buttons on the Sena to adjust. Problem is, I do not have my ear plugs in place and I am not doing 65 MPH.

I'll give it a try again next year.

News to me. I am going to have to read up on this (Mesh) and also check some YouTube videos. I have all winter to do so. :banghead

For example using BT, all I know is my BM2 battery monitor on my vehicles has a very short BT range...about 33 feet in free air to my mobile app but from where I want to monitor it all from within my home, impossible due to home walls and steel hoods. If I am going to stand next to my vehicles to monitor voltage, I might as well pop the hood and use a DMM. Another useless gimmick!

That would be the best solution but I assume those are wired and not BT (I see that they are wired). I've looked at BT ear buds but they are made for people that are walking with no background noise attenuation.

This would be my second and last attempt at communicators. They just need to make them louder to overcome the ear plug attenuation.

Thanks for all the feedback & comments.

The Fuze Earplug/Earbuds are wired from your Cardo/Sena communicator to your ears - a very short cord.

Just gave it a try, Dave.

Here I am sitting in the kitchen with my helmet on like Marvin the Martian and I played with the volume on my phone listening to music. As expected the set volume in the helmet changed as I increased and decreases the volume on my phone. If anything I'll set my phone to MAX and use the volume + & - buttons on the Sena to adjust. Problem is, I do not have my ear plugs in place and I am not doing 65 MPH.

I'll give it a try again next year.

:thumb

I wear plugs and at *cough*mph, I can hear. :D I hope it works out for you.

The Fuze Earplug/Earbuds are wired from your Cardo/Sena communicator to your ears - a very short cord.

Yes, I went to the link you posted further up this thread and noticed that.

For now, since it is damn cold out there till next April-May, I'll give what I have another try then. My Sena 10R were just added weight for the last few years and I never used them after being disappointed.

Yes, I went to the link you posted further up this thread and noticed that.

For now, since it is damn cold out there till next April-May, I'll give what I have another try then. My Sena 10R were just added weight for the last few years and I never used them after being disappointed.

I understand - we are riding on borrowed time here in South Dakota for the moment.

John

Back