• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Shoei SRL II Comms System Integration with 2021 RT Wonderwheel?

professorb

Iron Butt Patriot
Greetings...
Does the Shoei SRL II Comms System connect to/integrate with the Multi-Controller wheel on the 2021 R1250RT w/TFT? The SC2 Comms module in my Schuberth C5 integrates wonderfully, but I am curious if anyone here has direct experience with the Shoei "branded" version of the Sena tech. Thanks!

The Shoei SRL 2 is based off of Sena 20S, it won't work with the Wonderwheel like the Schuberth C5 SC2. The SC2 is based on the Sena 50R, Schuberth had Sena add the Wonderwheel funtion. I believe all of the Sena 50 series has the Wonderwheel function, Schuberth had it added to the SC2.

I have my Sena paired to the Connected Ride App and my bike. The only thing it lacks is volume control. It's a pain in the butt when I'm not on the GS and want to listen to music because I have to reorient the helmet back to my phone and remote. It's not difficult, but for short rides, I don't bother swapping it.

I have my Sena paired to the Connected Ride App and my bike. The only thing it lacks is volume control. It's a pain in the butt when I'm not on the GS and want to listen to music because I have to reorient the helmet back to my phone and remote. It's not difficult, but for short rides, I don't bother swapping it.
Dave which Sena do you have? I believe all of the 50 series have the Wonderwheel volume integration. If you have a Sena 50 you may just need to update the firmware, it has been out for a while but not when Sena first released the 50 series. Looks like it happen in firmware version 1.1

Dave which Sena do you have? I believe all of the 50 series have the Wonderwheel volume integration. If you have a Sena 50 you may just need to update the firmware, it has been out for a while but not when Sena first released the 50 series. Looks like it happen in firmware version 1.1
I have an SRL, I want to say, that fits into my Shoei Neotech II

Last edited:
SRL should be fine to select track, but no-it will not control volume.

Just a general FYI for the group: For once- this is an issue that is not BMW's fault. It's a feature that can only be turned on by the device maker. As previously said- Sena 50 series or devices based on 50 series are good to go. Apparently some BMW branded devices as well- no idea what those are called. Cardo and other Sena models are S.O.L. I would *guess* that the new SRL3 (Neotec 3) would be compatible with the wheel when it comes out.

Back