• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Redmond 2024 Lodging question

I stopped reading at that point :D

lol .... Ditto !!

Wussies!

Photo near Redmond Rally, 2010.

Who can name the location?

i-SpVqrq7-X3.jpg

And if you don't mind many miles of dusty gravel road, 3 Creeks Lakes out of Sisters is worth the trip.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

It's a great ride! If you take the left before you drop into the Three Creeks area, it's a rugged forest road and you'll end up just west of Bend, on the road to Tumalo Falls.

These high prices aren't limited to Redmond. Anyone doing trip planning knows this is the new norm pretty much everywhere, unfortunately.

My youngest sister is staying with us for her 40th high school reunion and one of her friends is staying at the Quality Inn.
Her friend said the Quality Inn was $170 for Friday and Saturday. Not cheap for small town Creston Iowa.

Prineville Best Western Plus is a decent hotel where I've stayed numerous times and is reasonably priced. About 35 easy kilometers from the Rally site. Friendly staff, a bike-washing stall and cleaning rags make it two thumbs up. I've already booked there for the '24 Rally. On top of that, heading east from Prineville puts you on a decent road and access to some great Eastern Oregon riding.
If any of you characters to whom I owe beer for past advice are looking for a place to stay, its recommended. I'll make sure the beer is cold when you arrive. :thumb

Prineville Best Western Plus is a decent hotel where I've stayed numerous times and is reasonably priced. About 35 easy kilometers from the Rally site. Friendly staff, a bike-washing stall and cleaning rags make it two thumbs up. I've already booked there for the '24 Rally. On top of that, heading east from Prineville puts you on a decent road and access to some great Eastern Oregon riding.
If any of you characters to whom I owe beer for past advice are looking for a place to stay, its recommended. I'll make sure the beer is cold when you arrive. :thumb

Appreciate the suggestion, but I've made reservations in the BW in Redmond. I'm still hoping to meet up for that beer!

I live in Central Oregon (La Pine OR) and super excited for the BMW National Rally to be in my backyard. As for the hotels/motels in the area, we get a lot of tourist here in the summer months so I'm not surprised to hear some of the motels being booked up already. In the neighboring towns of Prineville, Madras and La Pine they have a few motels that you might be able to get a room. Also, check out Oregon State Parks for camping, here in La Pine they have a super nice state park that have some cabins to rent, here the link to La Pine State Park; https://stateparks.oregon.gov/index.cfm?do=park.profile&parkId=32

The Hampton Inn close to the fairgrounds is the newest. About a year old. Restaurants right out the front door.

The Hampton Inn close to the fairgrounds is the newest. About a year old. Restaurants right out the front door.
Their website show one room left (handicap) $600 a night for Thu, Fri and Sat nights.
Rooms are available earlier in the week for $238 with a senior discount.

Their website show one room left (handicap) $600 a night for Thu, Fri and Sat nights.
Rooms are available earlier in the week for $238 with a senior discount.
That's frigging highway robbery. Four Seasons in Las Vegas for June 14th is $645. Hilton has to be one of the worst for price gouging, especially during disasters.

Back