• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Redmond 2024 Lodging question

I’ve opted to stay in Prineville… close enough to ride over to the rally and far enough away from the hubbub in Redmond/Bend…. Plus, great day trip riding East and Northeast out of Prineville…..

I just booked in Prineville as a backup too. Waiting for the other chains to open up.

Best Western Plus - Redmond, OR opened their reservation period to cover the Rally dates today. I booked our rooms this morning -- price/room (King bed, 4 days), was less than $160/da, + taxes/fees. Less than I expected. Didn't check the Comfort Inn as I'm happy with BW+.

Later,
Jack

When I checked last week, Comfort Suites with a 20% discount, the rates were
Wed $164 plus tax
Thu $170
Fri $220
Sat $220
Senior rate was $10 to $15 more.

At this time I have not changed our Super 8 reservation.

When I checked last week, Comfort Suites with a 20% discount, the rates were
Wed $164 plus tax
Thu $170
Fri $220
Sat $220
Senior rate was $10 to $15 more.

At this time I have not changed our Super 8 reservation.

Just booked the Best Western Plus (as a back up) for $154 plus tax for 4 nights. 1.7 miles form Fairgrounds.

I'm still liking my original place in Prineville at $147 plus tax and I like that is seems a bit quieter.

Just booked the Best Western Plus (as a back up) for $154 plus tax for 4 nights. 1.7 miles form Fairgrounds.

I'm still liking my original place in Prineville at $147 plus tax and I like that is seems a bit quieter.

That was the rate I was quoted as a "Prepaid/No Cancellation Members' Only Rate". The $158 rate allowed me to cancel for no charge up until Sunday evening before the rally.

The $4/night upcharge seemed reasonable to let me cancel if necessary.

See you in Redmond!!
Jack

That was the rate I was quoted as a "Prepaid/No Cancellation Members' Only Rate". The $158 rate allowed me to cancel for no charge up until Sunday evening before the rally.

The $4/night upcharge seemed reasonable to let me cancel if necessary.

See you in Redmond!!
Jack

Yes sorry my mistake. I booked at $158.18 per night for a total with tax of $699. I never book the prepaid deals without cancellation

The Super 8 is now $179 for the same room that was $167 last week. Best Western no longer shows the $154 non-refundable rate, and I never did see a $158 rate. Best Western's lowest rate today is $279! Comfort Suites still has a $221 rate.

We moved from the Super 8 to the Comfort Suites due to the Super 8 room reviews. These high prices aren't limited to Redmond. Anyone doing trip planning knows this is the new norm pretty much everywhere, unfortunately.

The Super 8 is now $179 for the same room that was $167 last week. Best Western no longer shows the $154 non-refundable rate, and I never did see a $158 rate. Best Western's lowest rate today is $279! Comfort Suites still has a $221 rate.

We moved from the Super 8 to the Comfort Suites due to the Super 8 room reviews. These high prices aren't limited to Redmond. Anyone doing trip planning knows this is the new norm pretty much everywhere, unfortunately.

Looks like some are “double booking” for room dates. Maybe you can make a deal. :deal

OM

Just an FYI for people seeking lodging, Madras is about the same distance north of Redmond as Prineville is east. Madras is more of a working class community and it's possible you might find some better room rates there. It's about a 30 minute drive to Redmond.

You can also consider Sisters, OR, but the lodging there is likely just as expensive as Bend. Sisters is a cool little cowboy themed community that is close to some great riding in the Cascades.

Just an FYI for people seeking lodging, Madras is about the same distance north of Redmond as Prineville is east. Madras is more of a working class community and it's possible you might find some better room rates there. It's about a 30 minute drive to Redmond.

You can also consider Sisters, OR, but the lodging there is likely just as expensive as Bend. Sisters is a cool little cowboy themed community that is close to some great riding in the Cascades.
And if you don't mind many miles of dusty gravel road, 3 Creeks Lakes out of Sisters is worth the trip.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

And if you don't mind many miles of dusty gravel road, 3 Creeks Lakes out of Sisters is worth the trip.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

I rode through Sisters in 2021 on my way home from the Rally in Great Falls and figured it would be a good place for a stretch stop and a coffee having never been before. WOW ... it was extremely busy and appeared where the more wealthy than not vacation. The line for coffee was long and the outside seating was packed. I could not wait to get out of there. It was a very pretty ride. Maybe I caught it on a busy day ... I believe it was a Friday.

Back