• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Redmond 2024 Lodging question

gsinnc

I know am a bit early in my planning but that is just how I roll I guess. It seems that many of the hotels in Redmond / Bend OR area are sold out already. Is anyone else seeing this? Is there another big event taking place at the same time?

Is it possible that the hotels just aren't taking reservations yet? Many hotels don't book more than 11 mos out.

Is it possible that the hotels just aren't taking reservations yet? Many hotels don't book more than 11 mos out.

Yes it possible but most hotels that are not taking reservations yet simply don't show those future dates or don't let you enter them. That was the case with Best Western where you can't enter dates that far out. But for ALL Hilton hotels in the area, and there are about 6, they all show "sold out". It was the same for a couple other hotels. Just seemed odd. I will keep checking though

Seems like a phone call to one of the "sold out" hotels might answer your question.

Ha! Yes that would certainly be the logical thought but my experience with the folks answering the phones at the front desk has been less than stellar and asking them if they know what it going on a year from now would be a stretch. But I may just give it a try, got noting to lose. However, my original was just wondering if anyone else was seeing the same. I guess the answer seems be "no" and probably because I am a bit early.

Ha! Yes that would certainly be the logical thought but my experience with the folks answering the phones at the front desk has been less than stellar and asking them if they know what it going on a year from now would be a stretch. .

Keep it simple, just ask if they have a room available for those dates.

I don't doubt motels in Deschutes County are booked a year or more in advance. Here on the Oregon Coast many are booked up two years in advance. The only way to describe the Pacific NW in summer is it's a human zoo. Really sad but true.

I thought about the Redmond rally for about an hour before I decided to stay home and protect what's left of my sanity. Just how it is in this world today. I know that sounds extremely negative but it's how it is.:dunno

Thinking about selling my motorcycles at least the FJR.

News Flash

Motels are starting to book today in Redmond area now for next year.,but some are already full and $$$$$$.:type:)

Motels are starting to book today in Redmond area now for next year.,but some are already full and $$$$$$.:type:)

Super 8 is available now.
Choice Motels and Best Western you need to wait until 50 weeks out.

These days I always check reviews before punching the buy button. Some of my stays have been exceptional for that tier of hotel

Same here.
You can get a feel for the honest reviews. I also look at pictures provided by guests.

Prineville

I’ve opted to stay in Prineville… close enough to ride over to the rally and far enough away from the hubbub in Redmond/Bend…. Plus, great day trip riding East and Northeast out of Prineville…..

I’ve opted to stay in Prineville… close enough to ride over to the rally and far enough away from the hubbub in Redmond/Bend…. Plus, great day trip riding East and Northeast out of Prineville…..

I got an even better idea. I'm just going to stay in Florence where I don't need AC and the peace and quiet on our wooded property can't be beat.

Same here.
You can get a feel for the honest reviews. I also look at pictures provided by guests.

We do the same but it's still a crapshoot. And we tend to compare everything to The Gordon. :) We'll be checking the other lodging options later but wanted to have a back up.

Back