• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R1100S handlebar solution

rapiddog

Barback King
I want to let you R1100S riders know about something that's available (that I make) which helps the ergos that may or may not be a problem for you.
At the risk of being labled a spammer I wanted to get the word out, because this has worked for many of us older S riders.
I also want to let you guys who don't know about the Pelican Parts Tech R1100S Forum, which is a wealth of information for S owners.

Here: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=24

That said,
My R11S came with the high "comfort bars". I never really had a problem with them once I dumped OEM saddle and installed a peg lowering kit.
However, the bars where still about an inch or so too far forward for my reach, (at least for my left arm...?). My body felt the pressure points after 100 miles or more. It made more than 2 hours in the saddle just too much effort.

I needed an answer, somehow...I didn't feel like gambling high dollars for products out there that STILL didn't appear to bring the bars REARWARD, with the exception of those REALLY nice, REALLY expensive machined tripleclamps that allow you to use tubular bars. Besides, that set-up was too radical, akin to supermoto ergos and not enough information about installation either.
I tried to research the KRS bars setup and couldn't find the right info either. Then there was brand "V" kit,... way too much dinero for my taste. " I just need a LITTLE back!"

I have a guy at work here that does CNC work so I designed a simple solution that has given me resolve, and better ergos...and it's affordable...
The set bars +/-1.5" back and about +/-.75" higher. Adjustable concentrically like the OEM bars and as a result, also in some width.
This is a turnkey item for those bikes that came with the high (comfort) bars. No cables, wires, or hoses need to be replaced.
An allen wrench and a pair of wire cutters is all you'll need.

If anyone's interested you can reach me at:
randyj@usaltg.com
I'll be doing a run this month...my handle at the Pelican is Rapid Dog
BMWMOA member #33538

Back