• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Q: Is the Kermit Table a good item?

BMW Triumphant

Ed Kilner #176066
I will be camping at the rally, and need a chair and a table. I know the chair is great, how about the table? Anybody have one?

I haven't used my Kermit chair since getting a Helinox chair instead. It packs much smaller and lighter and is equally comfortable to sit it. I later got a second one for my wife and the Helinox table as well (they now have a hard top version too). All three pack to the same size as one Kermit chair.

5031-086_BK007_view1_720x720.jpg

5036-086_BK000_view1_720x720.jpg

Attachments

• 5036-086_BK000_view1_720x720.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 848
Thanks!

I haven't used my Kermit chair since getting a Helinox chair instead. It packs much smaller and lighter and is equally comfortable to sit it. I later got a second one for my wife and the Helinox table as well (they now have a hard top version too). All three pack to the same size as one Kermit chair.

5031-086_BK007_view1_720x720.jpg

That was very interesting news. I had been looking at those too. And, nice to know about the packing, as that is an issue for everyone.

Helinox chairs definitely pack up smaller and are lighter than the Kermit chair. The minute I sat in the Helinox I noticed it was missing arm rest. Even though this might seem like a small detail to some, for me it was the deciding factor to pack my heavier Kermit. I also like the way my Kermit chair holds it's shape while sitting in the chair over time.

In regards to the table I think Helinox is a great option outside of the price. The table is larger than other camping tables, but also packs down just as small as the competition. I have found one of my side bags from the bike works well as a table if I need a spot to rest my cup of coffee in the morning.

I have a Helinox chair and yes it packs small and is light, but I am considering a Kermit chair. With the Helinox chair, I find that for my short legs, that about an hour is all that I can sit on it before taking a short hike to get the circulation going again in the legs.

I looked at both the Helinox and the REI Flex Lite...ended up buying the REI chair during one of their 20% off sales. We use them for backpacking and the REI version is 6 oz lighter than the Helinox. I sat in both and they felt equal in comfort to me, so why not save the $$?

https://www.rei.com/product/877258/rei-flex-lite-chair

I still use my Kermit for M/C camping, which I do believe is more comfortable for longer periods.

Bought the table in June of 2014. Works fine, not inexpensive, would not sit on it. Great for making morning coffee with a Jet Boil or as a nice side bench for drinks or snacks. Would buy again. Three other friends also have them with no issues to date.

I have a Helinox chair and yes it packs small and is light, but I am considering a Kermit chair. With the Helinox chair, I find that for my short legs, that about an hour is all that I can sit on it before taking a short hike to get the circulation going again in the legs.

Paul,

As you know I sold my Kermit, own the Helinox, bought another Kermit with leg extensions. FWIW :wave

As a guitar player, the helix is great because it doesn't have armrests. Great for the beach, as it snuggles down in the sand. Built very well. Incidentally, the Nemo 3 person tent fits right into my WC RT trunk-enabling 2-up camping! Expensive, as well...

Back