• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Compact Camping Chair

Damn inflation. The kermit chair in that 2008 thread was $129. The kermit chair is currently $299 to $349 (depending on type of wood), which equates to a ±8.8% annual average increase based on the $299 base price. Leg extensions are $50 and a cup holder is $20.

My Kermit is approaching 30 years old now, so I think with a little care, it'll probably outlive you.

And they are the perfect seating position, IMHO. :D

I had to update mine due to some changes.

IMG_8245-XL.jpg

So, for less than $40 I ordered the Marchway Chair. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B5LGVZNC?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
It came today and it seems like a good chair and it has a cup holder on the right side as well. I thought it might be a bit low, but didn't seem that way. It went together real quick and easy. Folding it back up was just as easy, but it takes a bit of fiddling to get all the poles to line up properly to take up the least amount of space. I like how it's very compact. I sat in the REI equivalent, and I think the Marchway is a bit more comfortable for me (and, was less expensive). Marchway has several color options, chairs by other brands do not have color options or as many.

So, for less than $40 I ordered the Marchway Chair. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B5LGVZNC?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
It came today and it seems like a good chair and it has a cup holder on the right side as well. I thought it might be a bit low, but didn't seem that way. It went together real quick and easy. Folding it back up was just as easy, but it takes a bit of fiddling to get all the poles to line up properly to take up the least amount of space. I like how it's very compact. I sat in the REI equivalent, and I think the Marchway is a bit more comfortable for me (and, was less expensive). Marchway has several color options, chairs by other brands do not have color options or as many.

Thanks for the update. The Marchway looks like it'll be a good chair for you.
We already have Helinox cars but your thread got me looking at the chairs available on Amazon.
Another chair I thought looked good for not much money is the iClimb with detachable feet for soft ground.
https://www.amazon.com/iClimb-Ultra...130-4c1d-8fdd-e570def6867f&pd_rd_i=B09T6P3K3F
When we were looking for chairs I don't remember Amazon having decent choices like they do now.

REI carries a nice selection. I bought a couple of chairs a few years ago and they've held up well. The rei brand prices seem to be about 2/3 of the Nemo, which they also carry and they have the GCI.

Doug

I've had an REI Flexlite chair since at least 2017. As a vertically challenged person - barely 5'5" after a good night's sleep - I find the lower chairs more comfortable. Set-up may be a bit of a faff compared to some of the others mentioned here, but once done it's comfy. It's not rock pile stable but packs down to a very small package.

Not to Hijack the thread, but has anyone found a helinox type chair that is more upright (like my beloved kermit chair) the ones I've tried have all leaned back to far to be comfortable (for me).

I recently picked this chair up from Costco nearly a month ago for about (with tax) for about $45 CDN. I sat in it for about an hour and it was quite comfortable. I haven't tried yet, but I am quiet certain that it will fit in one of my panniers. On trips that do not require my one wheel trailer, I will be packing this. Expended trips with my trailer will include my Kermit (complete with extended legs and beverage holder.

IMG_20230716_103721427.jpgIMG_20230716_103622873.jpg

I had to update mine due to some changes.

IMG_8245-XL.jpg

The late, great Shamu embroidered ours with Team Kbasa and our names like 25 years ago. He used to show up at rallies with his embroidering equipment and stitch folks Kermits, jackets, hats, etc. all weekend.

That would be a good little service to travel around and offer.

He did OK with it, it seemed (cough). He kind of worked the northeast and would just set up his sewing machine and hang out all weekend embroidering stuff.

Back