• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

parting out a '98 R1100RT......maybe

flhfxd

I have a chance at a '98 R1100RT ex CHIPs bike. 100,000 miles. A bit rough but engine and tranny are functional as is all final drive. If I buy it, I'd just want a couple of items off it and would probably part out the rest. My question is: does anyone need any parts for this model?
Thanks, Flhfxd.

flhfxd,

I have an R1150RT, so I think some things are not directly interchangeable, but could be adapted with some new R1150RT-P parts.

I could be interested in a few smaller items, provided they are operational and not damaged (bent, cracked, etc...). The authority switches, speedometer, the oil cooler fan shroud and motor. Not sure if the R1100RT-P had a 60A alternator. Max BMW parts fiche only shows a 50A. If it had a 60A that might be something else I am interested in. All condition dependent of course. I'm not desperate for these, but have some projects in mind that if the condition and prices are good, I would jump at.

If you take this on, you can let me know how these parts are and we can go from there.

Thanks,

flhfxd,

I have an R1150RT, so I think some things are not directly interchangeable, but could be adapted with some new R1150RT-P parts.

I could be interested in a few smaller items, provided they are operational and not damaged (bent, cracked, etc...). The authority switches, speedometer, the oil cooler fan shroud and motor. Not sure if the R1100RT-P had a 60A alternator. Max BMW parts fiche only shows a 50A. If it had a 60A that might be something else I am interested in. All condition dependent of course. I'm not desperate for these, but have some projects in mind that if the condition and prices are good, I would jump at.

If you take this on, you can let me know how these parts are and we can go from there.

Thanks,
Wilco. Gonna try to see it up close and personal in next few days. Will advise.
Cheers, Flhfxd.

Hey guys:wave

Just a reminder to not do commerce on the forum...old threads will pop up later with outdated offers and look like a message board.

PM each other on deals, and post items in the Marketplace:thumb

flhfxd,

Thanks,

Check you PM's

Back