• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Nav6 version from Garmin

So far my real revised Nav has been fine. I’ve only used it on about 4 rides but so far so good.

I realize this is an old thread, but those who've had replacements, how's it going?
Problems solved? Or?
It might take as much as much as a year to know for sure, as that was the longest any of thr prior Nav6's lasted for me. But all is well in roughly two months with the fixed v9 Nav6 and I feel highly confident.

I realize this is an old thread, but those who've had replacements, how's it going?
Problems solved? Or?

About 3,000 miles on mine now, it's been flawless. For now, well done Garmin. While I have my complaints with Garmin, it really says something that they made this right and are replacing these for anyone with the issue. Honestly, this is what you should expect at the "ultra-premium" level; this GPS costs about as much as 1/2 a dozen of cheap models, but, sadly, that doesn't seem to carry the weight it once did.

Either way, well done Garmin, way to stand behind your product! It appears to be a 100% fix, no ghosting at all, works fine with gloves.

Just added my name to the list for a replacement. Mine started to act up a bit last fall, I was waiting to see if it would continue to do so this spring, and now with the reports of a successful updated model, I figured I'd go ahead with getting it swapped.

My brother just got the latest version and so far so good. The screen seems more sensitive and the layout and graphics are different too.
More like the XT I have. I sold my NAV VI after the third one and have been quite pleased so far. YMMV

Last edited:
Just added my name to the list for a replacement. Mine started to act up a bit last fall, I was waiting to see if it would continue to do so this spring, and now with the reports of a successful updated model, I figured I'd go ahead with getting it swapped.
Did they give you an ETA?

I am in BC, just sent my old one back last Friday (4 calendar days). They said about 4 days after they receive it.
I only found out this was an option when my refurbished one didn't work at all and I contacted them about it.

Received my replacement last week and have been putting it through its paces.
So far I'm very impressed with all aspects of operation. Its twice as nice as my NAV V and except for the slight difference in screen size, is very similar to my XT.
I like the graphics and color scheme. I also like the interface with the motorcycle data. BT connections were a breeze as was map install and software upgrade.

I don't anticipate any problems but if there are, I'm confident Garmin will step up to the plate.

Joe

I recently picked up a new to me 2016 R1200GSA which the second owner had purchased a Nav VI in 2019. The unit has worked fine, but out of curiosity I called Garmin to see if I could send it in for a new screen. They immediately said no problem and got me all lined up to mail it to them. They thought that it would be mid May before they would be able to get to it based on replacement screen availability and those already inline ahead of me. No worries, I'll get it to you ASAP. I mailed it last Tuesday and received confirmation they received it today. 6 hours later (same day) I got another email indicating that the repair was complete and its back in the mail to me. Boy that was fast! I was not expecting this. Great customer service! As an aside, I get a new battery free of charge too. These days it nice to every once in a while have things go smoothly. Thanks Garmin.

These days it nice to every once in a while have things go smoothly. Thanks Garmin.

I feel the same way. Amazing service from a bigger company, very nice to see someone standing behind their products! We all make mistakes, very, very few companies, especially those in the electronics area, ever even acknowledge them, let alone fix them for free.

Garmin has me as a customer for a long time based on this experience, I'll tell you that.

So for the unattentive MOA Nav6 users, what's it gonna take to swap units - because their online web-presence is not even user-friendly either! I'm on my 5th Nav-6, and this one is now getting wonky too. TIA, HSV-Phil

So for the unattentive MOA Nav6 users, what's it gonna take to swap units - because their online web-presence is not even user-friendly either! I'm on my 5th Nav-6, and this one is now getting wonky too. TIA, HSV-Phil
Give Garmin a call:

Product Support​

U.S. 913-397-0872 | 1-800-800-1020
Canada 1-866-429-9296
Monday-Friday 7 a.m.-7 p.m. CST. Closed weekends and holidays.

Monday is our busiest day of the week. Please consider calling Tuesday-Friday to get through to an expert faster.

If troubleshooting connectivity between your Garmin device and your smart phone, please contact us from a different phone.

Before you call, fire up the Nav and take a screenshot of the configuration details screen (about screen, tho I don’t recall exactly how it’s worded) and save it to your pc. Garmin will walk you through that too, if they need the info. Have on hand the unit and whatever you need to open the battery cover to peek at the serial# under the battery, too, just in case.

Best,
DeVern

As "gtrider" states, simply call them up. After waiting on hold for about 20min, the service rep was able to process the return/repair in a very short time. Had a postage paid UPS mailing label a few minutes later via email. Couldn't have been simpler. Hopefully every service rep at Garmin is as adept as the one I spoke to.

I submitted a trouble request online and had a response in a few hours directing me to the replacement process. Followed the simple directions and had the approved request in a couple days. Shipped the old unit out and received the replacement within three weeks of the initial inquiry. Maybe it's easier in Canada.

Appreciate the feedback, BUT, it is not intuitively obvious to the Garmin user, wouldn't U agree!!!!

I guess it's designed to be JUMP Thru Many Hoops?

Back