• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New '12 RT 1200 Owner First Impressions

my .02

I am 5'8" 200lbs and ride stock seat and have stock windshield. Stock windshield has been perfect for me. As for the seat I can take about 3 hours then need to get off, have been debating the seat replacement but $$$ keep that item at bay.

I have read about people feeling pushed forward in the seat toward the tank, I felt this way at first but ensuring my arms are fairly straight to the handle bars took care of this problem for me.

Just placed Ztechnik Engine Guard Z7102 on my bike. Am looking to place the Ilium 19-200 hwy pegs on next - save up!! Hopefully this will extend my ride time, if that does not do it the seat next.

Oh well my .02 and best of luck.

98 R1100RT
11 R1200RT

I think the RT grows on a lot of people in a short time. When I went from an ST1300 to a 2010 R1200RT I missed the HP and grunt of the V-4 Honda engine. That is the part that I "adjusted" to as some people have said. But from the start I liked everything else about the RT.

I believe in stock ... unless we can make it better. I switched to a leather Corbin at 15k miles. I also added GPS, XM, additional brake lights, HID low beams, bag liners, etc. All of these items in my opinion make the bike better.

tsp
Blog: www.swriding.blogspot.com

Considering it isn't tied down, I'm sure it was just on the trailer to keep off the ground and clean while he took the picture.

Then again, he does have a Harley too. Old habits can die hard....:brow

I have an 07 and I am 5'5". I find the stock shield to be perfect as I am definitely in the pocket. Pull back risers and a back rest did the trick for me but I do find my butt hurting after an hour. I take a break without stopping by standing for 5 minutes and repeat whenever the butt starts hurting again. I would go for another seat but can not afford a wider seat as I am already on my toes when stopped.

Congratulations as you purchased a fine machine which will grow on you with time. They say BMW bikes are an acquired taste.

I have an 07 and I am 5'5". I find the stock shield to be perfect as I am definitely in the pocket. Pull back risers and a back rest did the trick for me but I do find my butt hurting after an hour. I take a break without stopping by standing for 5 minutes and repeat whenever the butt starts hurting again. I would go for another seat but can not afford a wider seat as I am already on my toes when stopped.

Congratulations as you purchased a fine machine which will grow on you with time. They say BMW bikes are an acquired taste.

Hey Dave! It's Phil w2ge on VR (couldn't get that on here)

Sorry... back on topic!!

I am thinking of taking my boots to a cobbler and see if they can add a half inch sole to the boots without sacrificing the boots integrity.

Back