• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Need New Helmet?

B

BETO736

I just ordered two helmets, a Shoei Hornet and a Multitec, from Helmet Express, 800-543-8192.
They are having a two-day sale (ends 8/22/08), and their prices are so good they can't publish them, so I called them, and OMG!!
I'm not related to them in any way, but I bought my RF-1000 from them before, and I was very satisfied with their service and price.
Just in case you are looking for a new helmet, like I was.

Multi-tech

Are you sworn to secrecy? How much for a Multi-Tech? I'm too lazy to actually use a phone.

Are you sworn to secrecy? How much for a Multi-Tech? I'm too lazy to actually use a phone.

No, below $400, I can't remember if it was 379 or 389, and got to pick my color, free shipping.

I bought a SHOEI X-11 for 380$ at Competition Accessories a few weeks ago, but this deal is no longer available. I think maybe Competition Accessories/Helmet Express are maybe the same outfit, somewhere out of Ohio? They have been around a long time.

helmet

Shoei for X 11 for 380, WoW thats cheap. I just saw the same helmet for 600.00 at a bmw dealer and a Motorcyle store for 539.00.
Keep in mind when shopping for a modular helmet although they are very convenient, they are not snell approved.

Shoei for X 11 for 380, WoW thats cheap. I just saw the same helmet for 600.00 at a bmw dealer and a Motorcyle store for 539.00.
Keep in mind when shopping for a modular helmet although they are very convenient, they are not snell approved.

Yeah, very convenient indeed, and unfortunately not Snell approved, but at least DOT approved. Interesting how some modular helmets are CE (Europe) approved, but not Snell. Still, I have the other two Snell helmets.
You can't beat those prices though.

I just purchased an arai Vector helmet. They have several models and I fell in love with the Vector's fit. I researched for a couple of weeks and decided I would spend a little extra coin for my precious brain. Previously I was using the nolan flipup. It was ok, alittle noisy and heavy on my neck. I had been experiencing a lot of neck trouble for the past year and a half (since I got rid of my Harley and Harley Gear). The Arai was a couple of dollars more but man what a difference. Its both DOT & SNELL approved. Light & Very comfortable too.

Back