• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

need advise on Hero helmet cam

I'm thinking on getting a Hero "helmet" cam to mount on my bike for a trip. I'm not sure which model I should look at or if it's right for me. What are the + /- of the HD and original models? Has anyone encountered any problems? I'm not very techie - I barely figured out how to get on this forum.

I'm also considering getting a SPOT2 GPS messenger so my family knows where I am. Any advice?

I'm thinking on getting a Hero "helmet" cam to mount on my bike for a trip. I'm not sure which model I should look at or if it's right for me. What are the + /- of the HD and original models? Has anyone encountered any problems? I'm not very techie - I barely figured out how to get on this forum.

I'm also considering getting a SPOT2 GPS messenger so my family knows where I am. Any advice?

I have the HERO camera system, though I did not mount it to my helmet on a recent video shoot - mounted it on the windshield in front of my R1200RT for several runs on The Tail of the Dragon this summer - awesome ride and pretty impressive video - made it into a DVD complete with a musical score.

Suggest the 'wide-angle' camera for best results. I think you'll like it.

Besides good reviews I've read, I recently played with the Spot 2 unit, currently on display at Nick's BMW (for you WI forum members) - nice system. If having family know where you are at all times, as well as the ability to summon assistance in an emergency is important enough to justify the price, get it!

Enjoy your rides!

Back