• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

NASCAR 2015 :burnout

What about her and Denny Hamlin after the race?

Would he have put his hands on Tony Stewart the way he did to her?
Hands on her shoulders, almost a big brother hug?

I would have loved to see her punch him in the nose!

jason

That's called a "Biden".

For all those who don't think Danica and her crew aren't real- watch the last 6 laps of the 2nd dual. :burnout
Nice job!
OM

What about her and Denny Hamlin after the race?

Would he have put his hands on Tony Stewart the way he did to her?
Hands on her shoulders, almost a big brother hug?

I would have loved to see her punch him in the nose!

jason

Tony would deck her. I would love to see that. Her after race tiff with Hamlin sounded faked to me.

Even with her wreck . . . which she says was Denny Hamlin's fault . . . she still managed to get into Sunday's race.

And Dale Junior just happened to get the second row. Racing + wrestling = Raceling. It's all a show.

That's called a "Biden".

For all those who don't think Danica and her crew aren't real- watch the last 6 laps of the 2nd dual. :burnout
Nice job!
OM

So where did she end up ? At the start of the race, they said she had to finish 15th or better to make the 500. @ the crash she was in 9th ?...then pushed back to 18th ?...but at the end they said she made it & was in the 500 ?...:scratch

Somehow I think NASCAR would see to it that she would be...:dance

after all she does sell tickets / fill seats...and right now that is what NASCAR needs....

Since NASCAR has gone into the "drama" business, the dog-gone announcers are so consumed with the after-math, they often times fail to post finishing places.

But...as mentioned, it has become so "phony" / almost fixed..I've about lost interest period.

Since NASCAR has gone into the "drama" business, the dog-gone announcers are so consumed with the after-math, they often times fail to post finishing places.

But...as mentioned, it has become so "phony" / almost fixed..I've about lost interest period.

NASCAR has gone to WWF for advice on building an audience? Post-race punch-ups have become the norm and give the announcers something to talk about besides another boring race.

About the qualifying: seems like they looked at F1 qualifying, decided (correctly) that having one car at a time on the track was boring (also correctly) and tried the F1 "knock-out round" approach. More cars on-track, more strategy, more interest.

But not enough to keep me interested.

pete

No doubt they are trying to broaden their audience base. It is a natural progression for something that attracts people to begin to "feed on itself" after a point.

I have trouble with the phony part as it seems like it would be very hard to orchestrate maneuvers of 40+ cars on the track. It has become much more than a car and a driver- it is/has become the conglomeration of driver, car, mechanics, weather forecasting, and of course luck.
It's ok to watch the round and round but for me, it's what I can learn from the "in between" segments. From how they power an air-gun to how they build a track :thumb

OM

I'm glad NASCAR benched Kurt Busch. He's going to appeal but Chevrolet has already dumped him. Stewart-Haas Racing is going with Regan Smith for Sunday.

No doubt they are trying to broaden their audience base. It is a natural progression for something that attracts people to begin to "feed on itself" after a point.

I have trouble with the phony part as it seems like it would be very hard to orchestrate maneuvers of 40+ cars on the track. It has become much more than a car and a driver- it is/has become the conglomeration of driver, car, mechanics, weather forecasting, and of course luck.
It's ok to watch the round and round but for me, it's what I can learn from the "in between" segments. From how they power an air-gun to how they build a track :thumb

OM

Just too many questionable incidents = too much phony crap with "poles" & "wins" among the NASCAR royalty . ....Looking more like "rasslin' all the time.

Well I like it. We won the 24 hours of Daytona a few weeks ago & yesterdays truck race plus today's race.

Well I like it. We won the 24 hours of Daytona a few weeks ago & yesterdays truck race plus today's race.
I can't see how any of that was questionable, some good hard racing. Kinda liking that bear-bond :) I wonder of it will cover the hole in the ozone that has given me 5 feet of snow and global warming :hungover
OM

Without Google....who finished second in the inaugural [first 500] held at the speedway ? and what kind of car was he driving ?....without google...
Actually don't know. I don't have a favorite. As I mentioned before, I mainly watch for the technology. The technological changes between say the 1979 race and today are fascinating to me. For example, if you watch the program I posted the video for earlier, you can see the first "in car" camera set-up weighed 35 pounds. I'll bet that the whole in car set-up today is less than 4 pounds.
The chassis fabrication is another area that has been given exponential change resulting in horrific crashes being "walk aways".
Looking forward to the vehicle "cut-away" sections later.
OM

"We" won ?

The engine shop I work at leases all of the Ford engines used in the three NASCAR stock car divisions. Our engine company also built the engine that won the 24 hours of Daytona in the Target/Ganassi EcoBoost/Ford. The 24 hour race at Daytona is the NASCAR American Le Mans Series. Or ALMS.

Keep the safer chassis and track improvements, but go back to the engines and rules of about 1965. Then get the stimulus spending to pay for teams like Smokey Yunik to come back and tinker behind canvas and bring back real racing. No computers. More real jobs for the people. And smokem if ya gottem. If the engine blows go back to garage and bolt in another.

Go back to the old equipment and let's see how the postmodern performance compares with previous accomplishments. Give Bubba a Wilson Strata-block driver and Woods an Accusnet Bulls eye putter. Let's have some fun we can identify with.

We can always go back to the new stuff, but audiences would swell if something old were tried. The old timers were anything but boring no matter the weekend. Remember King and Riggs? Not a rant or old v. new, or a troll and bait, just a remembery. Remember the first top-spin lob? Stunning wasn't it? Cheers.

The engine shop I work at leases all of the Ford engines used in the three NASCAR stock car divisions. Our engine company also built the engine that won the 24 hours of Daytona in the Target/Ganassi EcoBoost/Ford. The 24 hour race at Daytona is the NASCAR American Le Mans Series. Or ALMS.

What shop do you work for ?...[if you care to say] I always was a fan of the Rbt,Yates engines. Haven't heard much about them lately :scratch

What shop do you work for ?...[if you care to say] I always was a fan of the Rbt,Yates engines. Haven't heard much about them lately :scratch
RoushYates Engines in Mooresville NC. Roush & Yates combined the engine shops about 10 years ago. There are about 300 employes.

Back