• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

NASCAR 2015 :burnout

Ah!...very cool, keep up the good work.

Does Penske use your engines ? If so congrats on the win :thumb
Thanks Ron, All of the Fords that race in any of the three stock car divisions lease engines from us. They can't get them anywhere else. I worked for Penske Racing until Dodge pulled out of NASCAR. When Penske signed with Ford I was hired on at the NASCAR Ford engine shop.

Of the 80 plus employees at the Penske Dodge engine shop only 7 of us were hired at the Ford engine shop. There are basically four engine shops left in NASCAR stock car racing. Chevrolet has two shops, Hendrick & Richard Childress Engines, Ford has one shop, RoushYates Engines & Toyota has TRD (Toyota Racing Development) in California.

There are a couple of other small Chevrolet & Toyota engine shops that build for the start & park teams.

Thanks Ron, All of the Fords that race in any of the three stock car divisions lease engines from us. They can't get them anywhere else. I worked for Penske Racing until Dodge pulled out of NASCAR. When Penske signed with Ford I was hired on at the NASCAR Ford engine shop.

Of the 80 plus employees at the Penske Dodge engine shop only 7 of us were hired at the Ford engine shop. There are basically four engine shops left in NASCAR stock car racing. Chevrolet has two shops, Hendrick & Richard Childress Engines, Ford has one shop, RoushYates Engines & Toyota has TRD (Toyota Racing Development) in California.

There are a couple of other small Chevrolet & Toyota engine shops that build for the start & park teams.

Glad it worked out for you...!

I'm a Ford fan,..big time, ..so lets hope they win every race this year:dance...I'm sure you'll do your part.

BTW, what happened to Keselowski & Bayne's engines today ?

I'm really glad this so called race is over. It is so overhyped and overdone that it is sickening. The winner is usually the car that gets lucky on the sure green/white/ checkered finish. I find restrictor plate racing boring since it is dependent on who your friends and neighbors and the race is not necessarily won by the best driver or the best car. I watched the beginning, got bored and did other things until near the end. I apparently didn't miss much since I saw "the bid one" and the green/white/checkered finish. Not having qualifying organized was a mess.

I'm really glad this so called race is over. It is so overhyped and overdone that it is sickening. The winner is usually the car that gets lucky on the sure green/white/ checkered finish. I find restrictor plate racing boring since it is dependent on who your friends and neighbors and the race is not necessarily won by the best driver or the best car. I watched the beginning, got bored and did other things until near the end. I apparently didn't miss much since I saw "the bid one" and the green/white/checkered finish. Not having qualifying organized was a mess.
IIRC, restrictor plate racing came to be because on a super-speedway, with the technology of aerodynamics and horse-power bringing the cars consistently and easily past 200mph, the cars would "fly". The restrictor plates limit the speed to a "less than flight" possibility in a way a rev-limiter could not. "Stock" car racing is regulated to keep that cars pretty even within the parameters of the chosen "brand" and body style.
I actually find it very interesting that cars can be set up to run flat to the floor on a super-speedway and hold together at the horsepower and RPM that they run.
No worries, the NASCAR circuit will be at Bristol on 8/19....running as fast as the track will let them.
OM

My overall rub with it in general is "stock-car" racing. Wish I could buy a two door, V-8, rear drive , Fusion .....:banghead

In today's market, "stock" car racing should be ,four door front drive & V6.. :dunno

There is a local guy who has an honest NASCAR T-Bird from 1960...he puts it in local shows, takes it to cruise-ins, etc.

It is a "souped-up" [his words] 430 V-8, three speed column shift, [only year available ] passenger seat & rear seat removed, & a roll-bar added, hubcaps off...and basically that's it !..he has it's racing pedigree it did compete in several of the "name" races back in the day, as they say.

That was stock car racing !

Yeah, let's get the Family Truckster out there! Extra points for having luggage on the rack!

Gary%20Schneider%20Family%20Truckster%2003.jpg

I'm really glad this so called race is over. It is so overhyped and overdone .

Typical big sporting event these days...and anything produced by FOX networks is a show.

they need to tweak the qualifying at Daytona and Talladega, it works everywhere else with knockouts.

My overall rub with it in general is "stock-car" racing. Wish I could buy a two door, V-8, rear drive , Fusion .....:banghead

In today's market, "stock" car racing should be ,four door front drive & V6.. :dunno

That was stock car racing !

Not sure about the Ferds & yotas, but the Chebby SS is rear wheel drive as a consumer version.
Go to the local tracks and watch all the stripped stockers doing their thing like " back in the day"

NASCAR races are fine for having on in the background while I work in the shop, but they have lost their allure significantly. F1 and MotoGP races hold my attention to a much higher degree.

I can flush a handful of Skittles down the toilet and get the same amount of excitement that I get from watching a NASCAR race today.

In the "old days" I could watch a NASCAR race and see Ford, Mercury, Chevrolet, Thunderbird, Pontiac, Plymouth, Dodge, Buick, and Oldsmobile all on the same track and all the brands maintained their individual body shapes. Now all the cars look like jelly beans.

i can flush a handful of skittles down the toilet and get the same amount of excitement that i get from watching a nascar race today.

In the "old days" i could watch a nascar race and see ford, mercury, chevrolet, thunderbird, pontiac, plymouth, dodge, buick, and oldsmobile all on the same track and all the brands maintained their individual body shapes. Now all the cars look like jelly beans.

lol!

Saw the tail end of Letterman with Joey...Letterman asked Joey the cars must weigh a couple of tons....Joey, said they were not that heavy....Dave rolled his eyes, came out to sit next to Joey and said "I look pretty smart here" :laugh:laugh:laugh

Go sliced bread...

My general opinion about the post race fights is that the local law enforcement agencies ought to be making arrests and the local district attorneys ought to be prosecuting assault and battery cases. But then again, I believe exactly the same thing about fights at hockey games. Or basketball games for that matter. But that doesn't happen.

So what we see are youngsters and/or their parents emulating their heroes at some little league something someplace and the DA does throw the book at somebody.

So the cult of violence as entertainment continues.

Back