• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

NASCAR 2015 :burnout

My general opinion about the post race fights is that the local law enforcement agencies ought to be making arrests and the local district attorneys ought to be prosecuting assault and battery cases. But then again, I believe exactly the same thing about fights at hockey games. Or basketball games for that matter. But that doesn't happen.

So what we see are youngsters and/or their parents emulating their heroes at some little league something someplace and the DA does throw the book at somebody.

So the cult of violence as entertainment continues.

I have read & heard that the 1979 Daytona 500 was the most watched...in re-run , on tape etc. The year of "The fight" between Yarborough & Allison...

And some "experts" claim that is the race that brought NASCAR to what it is today ?...If all true ?...kind of a shame.

Not sure about the Ferds & yotas, but the Chebby SS is rear wheel drive as a consumer version.
Go to the local tracks and watch all the stripped stockers doing their thing like " back in the day"

The Chevrolet is a rear wheel drive from the factory. Unfortunately, it is from a factory in Australia that is closing down shortly. I think all auto manufacturing in Australia will cease by or during 2017. GM will be the last one to leave. The Chevy is a rebadged/altered version of the Holden Commodore.

The Chevrolet is a rear wheel drive from the factory. Unfortunately, it is from a factory in Australia that is closing down shortly. I think all auto manufacturing in Australia will cease by or during 2017. GM will be the last one to leave. The Chevy is a rebadged/altered version of the Holden Commodore.

Wasn't the "new" GTO of a few years back the same thing...in a 2-door version ?

Fontana CA. today.....Another long one.

The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series returns to Southern California for an epic battle in the Auto Club 400.

BB483A8BFCC3400C8FA12E3E2F00D179.ashx

My brother in law made some good life choices. He is able to indulge his hobby which is to restore, or simply store obsolete race cars. Below is an original Earnhardt car. a couple of years ago he took it to Willow Springs. It was "Cobra Day" but no one resented the Chevy.

Attachments

• Bob No. 3.jpg
    Bob No. 3.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 159
My brother in law made some good life choices. He is able to indulge his hobby which is to restore, or simply store obsolete race cars. Below is an original Earnhardt car. a couple of years ago he took it to Willow Springs. It was "Cobra Day" but no one resented the Chevy.

I don't care much about NASCAR even though I was born and raised in NASCAR country but that is really cool! :thumb

Kinda a 4-wheel high horse-power trifecta today-
Monaco
Indianapolis
North Carolina
:burnout
The view of the boat basin at Monaco was amazing.
OM

NASCAR returns to NBC with the broadcast starting at 7PM Eastern time.
They had a nice spot on the return to NBC on the Today show this morning.
Tonight's race will be the Coke Zero 400 at The Home of Racing, Daytona Fla.
Some color from USA Today-
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ica-patrick-kyle-busch-tony-stewart/29717249/

:burnout :burnout.

Last nights Xfinity series race had quite a finish starting with a rain delay and a crash near the 10-to-go mark that took out a dozen or so cars.

OM

Wow! Last lap at the finish line was not kind to the fans nor Austin Dillon's 3 car:eek
Glad all survived that scary scene.

Wow! Last lap at the finish line was not kind to the fans nor Austin Dillon's 3 car:eek
Glad all survived that scary scene.
Oh yeah.....for those who can't see the races as more than driving in circles, try walking away from this as Dillon did. This is a real tribute to experience, equipment and engineering...... all of that trickles down to our own motor vehicles. He is going to be some kind of sore, but he is alive- and walking and waving :wave

Due to some NASCAR SNAFU- you can click here to get to the NASCAR site to take a peek-

Austin Dillon's big walk-away wreck
OM

Last edited:
It's Bristol tonight :burnout
If you were lucky enough to see the opening ceremony, you saw something special.
Looks like a good race, almost 160,000 fans at the coliseum.
OM

At Daytona Beach

Why wont the MOA just put it on the list and have the MOA Rally in Daytona Beach....

Back