• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Metzeler Roadtec 01 Availability

RPGR90s

I'm trying to find a 4.00x18 tire and all sources appear to have it "Out of Stock"

Does anyone have a source for availability?

Thanks!

I'm trying to find a 4.00x18 tire and all sources appear to have it "Out of Stock"

Does anyone have a source for availability?

Thanks!

That might be a tough one. The volume of demand for inch size tires is minuscule. I don't know of a motorcycle built in the past 25 years that requires inch size tires. Most of the world, after all, uses metric measurements for most everything. The day will soon come, if not already here, that we will have to choose the closest metric equivalent to the original tire specification.

That might be a tough one. The volume of demand for inch size tires is minuscule. I don't know of a motorcycle built in the past 25 years that requires inch size tires. Most of the world, after all, uses metric measurements for most everything. The day will soon come, if not already here, that we will have to choose the closest metric equivalent to the original tire specification.

Paul, I have to agree. I was able to locate a 4.00x18 at Dennis Kirk, so ordered that today. We're definitely close to having to choose metric sizes, which means additional info from the manufacturer will help determine actual tire width(s).

My R90s is pretty stingy with space at the front fender and the right side of the swingarm. :(

It will be a bummer if inch-size tires disappear. I used to run metric tires on my /7, generally 90/90 and 110/90. Turns out their diameter is smaller than the inch-sized. It created issues getting the bike up on the center stand as well as when on the side stand, the bike sat too upright. The bike fell over one time at a gas stop. :banghead

On the other hand, I think inch-size tires will still be around...they just won't be in the high speed rated tires. I'm sure Heidenau tires and the like will still be around. Likely good enough for my riding.

Back