• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Marketplace Messages

Darryl Cainey

Sir Darby
I have a couple of Private Messages in my Marketplace Message Box, when I try to view them and click on the message,
it just takes me to the Marketplace Front Page.

How do you read these messages, and yes I am logged in as a member.

Darryl

Darryl -

I also had a couple of messages from some testing I was doing...it does the same to me. The Flea Market is out of our purview, so the only thing that I can suggest is to call Jeff in the office and see what he can do to help.

Darryl -

I also had a couple of messages from some testing I was doing...it does the same to me. The Flea Market is out of our purview, so the only thing that I can suggest is to call Jeff in the office and see what he can do to help.

Thanks, I will do that Monday

It hasn't been working properly for awhile, I have a bike listed and wasn't notified that I had a couple of messages at all and when I did notice them by accident ( you have to actually check The Flea Mkt they don't come through as PM's) they erased when I tried to open them. So those buyers were lost along with prime season for selling. I did move another 800 I had through another free site.

Yesterday I checked again to see if my RT was still even listed and found a message. It does exactly what you describe. I was able to get that guys email at least to answer, but again here is another problem that isn't being addressed by The Club.

I phoned the office when I lost the first few buyers and was told "we'll look into it" - never heard back, and here we're told it isn't in our purview. How can it not be? This is the Club Website, this is where we advertise, it's expected to work properly.

I phoned the office when I lost the first few buyers and was told "we'll look into it" - never heard back, and here we're told it isn't in our purview. How can it not be? This is the Club Website, this is where we advertise, it's expected to work properly.

The Flea Market is a separate piece of software. Just like when you click on Home at the top, that takes you to a different server/software. The moderators have no ability to make changes there...that's what I meant by having no access. The office can and should have taken care of it. Hopefully with another call by Darryl, it will be fixed.

For my clarification I understand that the flea market messaging doesn't work. But does the PM function of the forum work? I ask because when I see an ad I am interested in that does not have a phone number I find the user in the forum then send them a PM. So far I have not had one response using that method either.

Yes, the PM system is available for use as well. But the person on the other end has to know what a PM is, see that they have a new one, and even more importantly, checked that box in their setup. A good portion of the people visiting the Flea Market go directly there, bypassing the forum, thus not even noticing they have a PM.

Still not working. I have three messages in the system, two will open, one just takes me to the front page of the marketplace.

This has been an unresolved issue since January? How much support are we paying for this software?

If the message system doesn't work just disable it and have a direct email link so members can communicate.

Back