• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Holt design organization tank repaint

Threads

A simple thread gets sidetracked, and foolish me, I let myself get sucked into responding, not about the original issue but the nonsense secondary stuff. Foolish me, I should know by now it is pointless and unfair to the original poster to continue going off on the side track. So I guess I am insane as insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different outcome. St.

Alternative Paint Shops

Maybe someone out there can shed light on this. Almost 2-1/2 years ago I contacted Kent Holt to re-paint my 1978 R100RS gas tank. He said he would but told me not expect it right away. At the time I didn't think that meant 2-1/2 years. I think I've called him maybe twice in this 2-1/2 year period and certainly think that honored his request not to be hounded but never a return call. I just tried texting him had was informed that my number was blocked so the message didn't go through. Not sure what to do next. Any ideas short of getting in my car car and driving 10 hours?

I have read this thread and have to agree with others that there are many good painters all over this country. I restore R90Ss and have a painter I have worked with for years. He paints my bikes with great detail, but I have also seen his work on Harley's, Yamaha and every other bike you can image, from new to vintage. He also does cars and specializes in Dino Ferrari's. I know Kent Holt, since I buy all my R90S Silver Smoke and Daytona Orange paint from him. He's a wonderful guy and a sensational painter, but I would put my painter on the same level and it will only take about 6 months to get a set completed, not years.

In the spirit of sharing information, my painters name is Brad Diez. You can find him on Instagram @Speedzone_paint. I hope this helps those looking for a good alternative painter for their BMW's. I included a photo of his paint work on my latest restoration, but I don't know why the photo is rotated or how to fix it. View attachment 94010View attachment 94011

Attachments

• 20231211_145238.jpg
    20231211_145238.jpg
    687 KB · Views: 70
  • 20231211_142432.jpg
    20231211_142432.jpg
    731.2 KB · Views: 67
Welcome to the forum, r90sdoc! Beautiful bike and paint job. Thanks for the info on another painting source. Looks like you need to get some miles on that bike! The mold "fingers" are still on the tires!!

I have read this thread and have to agree with others that there are many good painters all over this country. I restore R90Ss and have a painter I have worked with for years. He paints my bikes with great detail, but I have also seen his work on Harley's, Yamaha and every other bike you can image, from new to vintage. He also does cars and specializes in Dino Ferrari's. I know Kent Holt, since I buy all my R90S Silver Smoke and Daytona Orange paint from him. He's a wonderful guy and a sensational painter, but I would put my painter on the same level and it will only take about 6 months to get a set completed, not years.

In the spirit of sharing information, my painters name is Brad Diez. You can find him on Instagram @Speedzone_paint. I hope this helps those looking for a good alternative painter for their BMW's. I included a photo of his paint work on my latest restoration, but I don't know why the photo is rotated or how to fix it. View attachment 94010View attachment 94011

It would be helpful to reveal what city and state he is in.

:dance:dance:dance

Never mind. Found it.

He is in Santee, CA (about twenty something miles north east of San Diego.

:dance:dance:dance

Visited his location in the early 2000s. He was also a Land Rover fan and could have been a dealer before the 1974 exit. There was an old Forward Control out back, a model very seldom seen in USA. Seems I recall an AK-47 on display as well.

Had him convert a Spheric Silver R100RT to Bermuda Blue. It was perfect save for one little pinstriping mistake. He tended to use clear coat that was a little glossier than original BMW.

Back