• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hello from the UK

alex789

Hello, just a short message to introduce myself.
I have been a UK member since 2012. Prior to that I was a member in the 70's while I was living in Germany. We did have a rally In Minden, where around 20 or so members turned up, I think it was in 1978. The rally did make the local newspaper at the time.
Unfortunately most of the benefits don't benefit me living here in the UK. Even purchasing items from America incur huge postage tariffs and then VAT at 20%.
What I do find useful is the info I can get on the forums etc for the old girls which I have, they comprise 1978 R100rs which I restored a couple of years ago. A 1981 R100cs which is an ongoing, very slow project :) And lastly but not least a 1994 r80rt which has had the 1000cc conversion including camshaft, camshaft followers and r100 final drive, with tachometer to match the drive. Not forgetting the modern bikes I have, which comprise 2021 R1250gs te and a newly acquired r1250rs se.
I do enjoy the magazine that comes in the post once a month, catching up on the many rallies that you have, and the member articles.
Carry on the good work every one, it is appreciated.
Alex

Welcome to the forum, Alex!! Nice to read about your garage...some nice rides there! I saw the picture of the red R80RT! If you have more pictures of your bikes out in the wild, we'd love to see them!

Greetings Señor Alex from somewhere in the UK!

Thanx for becoming a LD BMW Rider & MOA subscriber! I/we can appreciate your love of BMWs. Team-HSV has two each - two airheads and two from the 20-teens. My Mum was a war-prize, at least from my perspective. She was a lady firewoman in/around Liverpool. Don't know how Mr father encountered her, but he convinced her to come and visit well after the war. At least tell us your UK township. My Aunt now lives in Abersoch; her sons' families live in Birmingham and near the Chunnel RR in Kent. Oh, and in the late 70s, I helped establish the A-10s in Suffolk {another GB connection}...

Look us up next time you're in the southeast of the USA... Keep the rubber side down - whether on-road or off-road! 😜

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

USAF-Ret'd —- & -— USN-Ret’d
'75 R90S ————— '82 R100CS
’09 KLX250S ——— ’08 CRF230L
'14 K16GT ———— '16 R1200RS
’05 Vespa 200L -—- ’11 Vespa GTS 300

Back