• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Let's see your shop

Yes, the stove and 1 ton of coal were free for the taking from someone one of my daughters worked for. The triple wall chimmney to run it up through the roof was a long way from being free. (ouch)

My shed under construction a 24 x 30 1-1/2 story saltbox with summer plans for a motorcycle annex;

ry%3D400

It's ALMOST as much fun working on the shed as it is riding. Maybe that's why I don't get as much of either as I would like.

Are those wreaths actually motorcycle tires with ribbon on them? That's what it looks like. Pretty cool.:clap

... I've been shamed into going out and reorganizing my 'shop' space. Pictures forthcoming through another thread. Title ?: Shop Rehab - Bob

This is the view from where I sit at work as of this afternoon. I hope this counts. :)

Attachments

• S1000RR 2.jpg
    S1000RR 2.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 423
It's let see your shop, not let's see your showroom.

Aw, you're just goin' to get negatives 'cuz we're jealous:wave

No need to go negative on my part... with a view like that out of my shop's desk. And when it gets drier, I'll be riding on that thing too. I'll share more soon! :kiss

I really gotta organize all this. maybe tomorrow:laugh

Attachments

• tools.jpg
    tools.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 330
A bump from a few years ago...It's amazing how quickly ones workspace can be overwhelmed with all sorts of stuff. Since moving in here, we have added a few bikes and a whole lot of other "stuff". It was really a mess and am not posting a pic of the before:whistle

We have had a busy year w/ remodeling/repairing and a late year quick health decline and passing of my Father-in-law. None of that helped keeping me organized. Having tackled two resto's of a 69S and the newly acquired /5 at the same time have added parts scattered about. Helen's dead R1150 has been on the lift since our late Santa Fe trip in November with parts sitting there. She eyeballed me the other day on that one:laugh

It seems this large space became the catch all for all projects and relatives wanting us to hold on to something since "we have all that space" and I felt closed in and dis-organized with all the clutter ( I know:violin...hard to believe).

After looking at some of the Airhead resto threads, I got a kick start again and went out yesterday to start straightening things out. Spent the day finding the deck of two workbenches and putting all the remodel project items/tools away, the Christmas deco's up in the loft, even some Halloween & 4TH of July stuff that has been piling up.
Got distracted after I filled a large trash bin and ended up taking the front end off the /5 as well:scratch
ADHD you think!

anyways, taking a lunch break and headed back out to do some more...early Spring Cleaning I suppose.
Walking out into a cleaner space already gave me a lift this morning.

Have had everything from a 8X10 shed with a dirt floor...to the dining area of my 400Sq Ft rent house when I was 20. I can appreciate ANY size workspace! When I met Helen and we parked everything we owned at the same place...a 24X24 garage was tight with 9 bikes, a lift and a Crossfire...my Dodge Truck learned to live outdoors ever since. She came with 3 bikes and the Crossfire! :love The Crossfire lives in it's own garage by the house .

But...when we were househunting...the realtor was showing us the view and the house...he casually mentioned "oh yeah. it has a SHOP"...we turned around and saw this. The shop was full of MOPAR Hemi's longblocks and Roadrunners...and a 4 post lift I did not get. Nor is the Travel Trailer ours.

252246058_M7PCc-M.jpg

Lot of work since then...the white rock driveway is covered and several ongoing improvements are turning it into a fun place to hang out and do some work! Still adding a bathroom this winter...just have to trench thru the limestone 150" away to tap the drainline... Have the rain catchment system I posted about off this roof and tied into my existing waterlines. Need some better lighting...adequate is all I can say

The first lift area

762675655_b2QAP-M.jpg

The second lift added last Spring when I justified it because Helen's 1150 was all apart on the first one. My workbenches also are tad full this time of year with multiple projects happening....never enough bench space...after seeing TheRoss's...I am :blush :laugh:laugh

762678364_MTAs7-M.jpg

Our Gear Area...some of it is mine:laugh Oh yeah, the welder down there is HERS!
762678661_a4JW6-M.jpg

The refreshment area...The round table just collects stuff:doh
762678938_23rJz-M.jpg

We had a tech day the first summer we were here and things were still tight from moving and the PO was renting half the shop still
762684159_7GPwR-M.jpg

the carlift is stacked with furniture under all of that...he still wouldn't sell it!
762676017_KrXZK-M.jpg

Rear of shop with all our stuff...a little more than usual since it's winter
762677156_E59Mn-M.jpg

Enclosed room on left is a gym and sauna that I need to visit soon since the couch is used by me more at the moment.
762677472_EoXSF-M.jpg

Oh yeah...the Dodge did get to come inside with a hailstorm predicted
762676340_gKWF7-M.jpg

I wish I had a "shop". When I can't use the garage in the Winter, the bikes are relegated to a large (walk-out) basement and the parts clutter still makes it hard to find "shop" space to work in

Attachments

• Garage Shop001.jpg
    Garage Shop001.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 322
  • Garage Shop002.jpg
    Garage Shop002.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 323
  • Garage Shop003.jpg
    Garage Shop003.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 322
I understand that there is a special place in hell reserved for people who have huge shops and multiple motorcycles. Just sayin'... :D

I understand that there is a special place in hell reserved for people who have huge shops and multiple motorcycles. Just sayin'... :D

My first two wives made mine a living one and few motorcycles for years:laugh:laugh:laugh

Then I met a crazier-than- me partner who rides and it just kinda happened...the bikes and the find of a house w/ a shop! It's all her fault.:hug We got a 10X14 wooden shed outside the second roll-up. for all the lumber, tablesaw and stuff I am tired of piling up in here. Then I need it the next day of course.

I continued my clean-up to find missing stuff I have presumed lost.Some a-ha moments you know. That big round table near the fridge is the catch -all of catch-alls'. I even found some cash I had stuck under something...sweet! I bet it hasn't been empty in 4 years. Still isn't.

P1220031.jpg

Moved bikes to do a major sweep and as I moved H's 11R remembered it had that wonky sidestand that bit me by helping the bike fall over a few weeks ago that needed attention. Of course I went and got the 17mm, removed the stand and found the cut off tool...reworked foot and painted...then went back to cleaning while it dried. You can see the wrench and stand on the floor.
P1220034.jpg

The RT is not ours...it's a clubmates that isn't riding anymore and kinda for sale but sitting in here with some company:laugh

I still have two more corners to tackle that aren't bike related. Hopefully I won't get sidetracked...yeah...right.

This is my work area, insulated, heated and well lit. There have been a few additions since this photo was taken a couple of years ago.

Attachments

• Bike Workshop 001 copy.jpg
    Bike Workshop 001 copy.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 298
My shop has a cold side, bunk house area and warm shop:

The bunk house, cold side and warm side:

Attachments

• Bunk House.jpg
    Bunk House.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 271
  • Cold Side.jpg
    Cold Side.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 272
  • Warm Side 1.jpg
    Warm Side 1.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 272
Then I met a crazier-than- me partner who rides and it just kinda happened...the bikes and the find of a house w/ a shop! It's all her fault.:hug We got a 10X14 wooden shed outside the second roll-up. for all the lumber, tablesaw and stuff I am tired of piling up in here....I still have two more corners to tackle that aren't bike related. Hopefully I won't get sidetracked...yeah...right.

You're not making things any better for yourself, young man. And trying to pawn off responsibility on your wife is a shot below the belt for the rest of us. :laugh

Two days ago I was content thinking I've got things pretty good with a two car garage for the man toys. Now my life is empty and unfulfilled. :D

You're not making things any better for yourself, young man. And trying to pawn off responsibility on your wife is a shot below the belt for the rest of us. :laugh

Two days ago I was content thinking I've got things pretty good with a two car garage for the man toys. Now my life is empty and unfulfilled. :D

Henzilla's garage is larger than my house. Kevin's garage floor is cleaner than my bike.....

I thought I was pretty upscale with a cozy winter parking spot under the steps, just to the side of the table saw and planer..........

But with your mayor... at least entertained? :stick

Remember half of those toys are H's here.

You ought to see the German engineer neighbors shop...makes mine look small, low budget and definitely NOT organized. :laugh

But with your mayor... at least entertained? :stick

Hey, that's the mayor of Toronto. I live in Vancouver. That's like comparing San Francisco to Buffalo (nothing against Buffalo).

And don't even try to rationalize your shop versus what your neighbour has. It won't work. :laugh

Back