• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Let's see your shop

One half of a 2 car garage but its enough room until all your friends come over to HELP !:laugh

506331791_pY3Jx-L.jpg

Some projects do over flow to the other side

hairsmith

I'm under the same squeeze:

A modest digression: Mary put her 2008 away (flanelette sheets and official car cover with trickle charger keeps it cozy and clean ..... away from all that bike deris in the other half) and is driving the '96 for the winter. What is the white one? - Bob

A modest digression: Mary put her 2008 away (flanelette sheets and official car cover with trickle charger keeps it cozy and clean ..... away from all that bike deris in the other half) and is driving the '96 for the winter. What is the white one? - Bob

The white one looks like a '67. That's my favorite year for classic Mustangs. And, it even has the "good hood" as I call it. The plain hoods (without the lovers) are boring, IMO.

Our house has two adjacent one-car garages. My car is in the other one.

Attachments

• garage.JPG
    garage.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 597
I lost my cycling virginity to a 75/5 with long wheel base! No wonder it caught my eye. Like looking at an old girlfriend!

Wow, you guys have really given me some great ideas!! It funny, yesterday night there was a craftsmen tool box comercial on tv. All I heard from the peanut gallery was "wow, your tool never looked that good." "Daddy, your stuff is a mess compaired to that guys!"

Alright the challenge is on. Reorganize the tool box (and buy more tools). Add a drop celing and more lights. Finally add a wood burning stove.

Yeah, that would make winters more fun for sure!

:ha
Wow, you guys have really given me some great ideas!! It funny, yesterday night there was a craftsmen tool box comercial on tv. All I heard from the peanut gallery was "wow, your tool never looked that good." "Daddy, your stuff is a mess compaired to that guys!"

Alright the challenge is on. Reorganize the tool box (and buy more tools). Add a drop celing and more lights. Finally add a wood burning stove.

Yeah, that would make winters more fun for sure!

If you think that the snowthrower thread uncovered some hidden dangers so does that wood stove. I used mine for about six years, lots of cigars and adult beverages consumed in the crackling glow (when talking about not working on bikes). However, one shooting spark can ruin your day. I kept all flammables way on the other side behind a wall, no gasoline cans hanging about; LARGE fire extinguisher hanging within reach ... .... and all this is with an air tight stove...... but there is only one way in for that wood eh. It is nice though even if a bit of a concern. This year we put Mary's Mustang in there so, since the wood stove is older and thus not up to code, I disconnected it so that we would not have any insurance difficulties. I use propane this winter but, for the most part, I am just waiting for Spring and moving that car out into the warmer weather. Also, just because you have a wonderful toolbox it doesn't mean that things won't continue to be distributed as your daughter/son described :ha Just ask anyone who know me! - Bob

Last edited:
:thumb +1

If I had a shop, which I don't, I'm not sure that I would know what to do in it.
I think the ability comes before buildings and what have you.
I am impressed, proper facilities what?

I went through the drill of designing the perfect home once... just a mental drill really. Essentially it is an efficiency with a 4 bay garage. The garage will have a lift, a pit, a big screen TV, of course every tool one can imagine and... most importantly a urinal.

Fourth floor loft, Brooklyn, NY.

currently, as bike is in new england for the winter and i'm not paying to rent a spot:

515295854_FavPp-L.jpg

see that fork tube top cap on the top of the tank. that DISAPPEARED, i never found it on the street, couldn't find it lodged anywhere on the bike, in the frame, engine, etc and even later when i took the bike apart significantly, it never showed back up. WEIRD, HUH???

from this summer, sorry for the dirty bb pic.

573226769_TgWGz-M.jpg

Last edited:
I totally agree but until that glorious day that I get that item ..... this will have to do :ha :whistle - Bob

peebottle.jpg

you can get 3 good pee's in a quart oil container, keep the lid. haha
definitely makes it Golden Spectra

Back