• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

k 2 valve high altitude plug

HFbmw

Somewhere yesterday I lost the plug! I had removed it from the connector just before crossing into Nebraska. I had it in the pocket of my riding gear but now its gone... sooo
Anyone have an extra one? OR do the dealers still have these things in stock? I will check on that tomorrow.
Or is it an easy thing to make?

tim Lindstrom
91k100lt

IIRC, there is a place on the bike to store the jumper if it's not in use. I sold my K so I can't look in the Owner's Manual, but check it out. (In the fuse box maybe?)

Somewhere yesterday I lost the plug! I had removed it from the connector just before crossing into Nebraska. I had it in the pocket of my riding gear but now its gone... sooo
Anyone have an extra one? OR do the dealers still have these things in stock? I will check on that tomorrow.
Or is it an easy thing to make?

tim Lindstrom
91k100lt

You can buy them all day long from any BMW dealer, although it might be a special order. In the meanwhile, you can use a paper clip to short the two connections inside the female connector that is wired to the bike.

high altitude plug

thanks for the return answers for my quest! Its amazing what that plug does for the bike above 4000 feet! Mileage per gallon jumps an average of 6mpg.
Rode all over Colorado. Even did Monarch Pass... No guard rails in some of those curves!
good to be home on flat plains of Minnesota!

tim lindstrom
k100lt

High alt. plug and Minnesota

thanks for the return answers for my quest! Its amazing what that plug does for the bike above 4000 feet! Mileage per gallon jumps an average of 6mpg.
Rode all over Colorado. Even did Monarch Pass... No guard rails in some of those curves!
good to be home on flat plains of Minnesota!

tim lindstrom
k100lt

Hi Tim-
my name is Mark and am pretty new to BMW bikes (this Spring). I own a 87 K100RT , live in S. Mpls, and am taking a trip to CA in about a month. I am thinking that I should get one of the plugs. I saw it in the Clymers manual and figured I would do some reading on it. If you find a local source, please let me know.

What do you ride and where do you live ? I'd like to meet some more riders and/or maint people in the area.

Mark

Napa. Radio Shack . Make up a switch to activate this function ez to do .
need a single throgh mini switch mount it on the frame with tie straps I have one it works great.

Back