• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Issue with a Flea Market vendor

Paypal!

You guys need to start using Paypal. If an Ebay seller won't accept it, I won't buy the product. If issues arise Paypal helps alot. They get you your money or they will close the vendors account. That'll teach him in lost business.

Just got the final E-mail from Richard Cockman

Yup he called me an A-whole, which to some people I am well qualified to be and told me in a few short words that I'm stuck with the final drive and no refund. I guess I made him mad. Well we will see how mad he gets when he has to answer some tough questions about where he got the stuff and if he knew anything about mail fraud. I do believe in Karma and he has no idea the connections I have, I don't even know about some of them. Anyway that /5 SWB seat he has on the Flea Market for $250 is the same one but different pictures and contact name in another add he ran a couple weeks ago for $300. I guess he might even be selling the same item more than once or at least get paid for the same item more than once. He tried the same thing with me on a police fender but sent it to me after a couple of his excuses and I inquired about the final drive he screwed me on. Hook line and sinker I tell ya but he shoulda clubbed me when he brought me on board cause I bite real hard.

He's coming to Florida

Yup E-mailed me and said he was coming to Florida and was gonna stop by on Saturday to talk about this face to face. I gotta run down and stop the shipping of that Final Drive, I hope I can get a refund on the shipping. See and all along I thought he was a real bad guy and was ripping me off, we'll see what my song will be on Saturday. Oh I am a very sarcastic person for any who think I believe the guy, just had egg him on a little. A little anger and anxiety is the best way to induce a heart attack.

Paypal

You guys need to start using Paypal. If an Ebay seller won't accept it, I won't buy the product. If issues arise Paypal helps alot. They get you your money or they will close the vendors account. That'll teach him in lost business.

+1 PayPal. Just had a bad purchase on ebay. Followed the process and PayPal had my money refunded promptly.

Yup E-mailed me and said he was coming to Florida and was gonna stop by on Saturday to talk about this face to face. I gotta run down and stop the shipping of that Final Drive, I hope I can get a refund on the shipping. See and all along I thought he was a real bad guy and was ripping me off, we'll see what my song will be on Saturday. Oh I am a very sarcastic person for any who think I believe the guy, just had egg him on a little. A little anger and anxiety is the best way to induce a heart attack.

Have some witnesses along and maybe meet in a neutral place? I hope this works out for the best for you. As for the vendor, I agree 'what goes around comes around' and you may be IT!

Thanks for the ongoing thread. Will look forward to Saturdays update - if it happens!

Mike H
76 R90/6
93 R100R Legend

+1 PayPal. Just had a bad purchase on ebay. Followed the process and PayPal had my money refunded promptly.

Bear in mind, Paypal's buyer-friendly refund policy can cut both ways. If you're the seller and you have a dishonest buyer who claims they received an "empty box" or the like, Paypal's quick refund policy means you're left on the hook. Horror stories abound.

Yup E-mailed me and said he was coming to Florida and was gonna stop by on Saturday to talk about this face to face...

He says he's coming to Florida. Given how he's behaved so far, I don't think his word should be very convincing.

Bear in mind, Paypal's buyer-friendly refund policy can cut both ways. If you're the seller and you have a dishonest buyer who claims they received an "empty box" or the like, Paypal's quick refund policy means you're left on the hook. Horror stories abound.

Understood this cuts both ways. In this case the vendor never shipped the item and would not respond communications.

I hope all works out for you...at least I got something I can use. The cluster I got was very nice (you could eat off of it) and a good price, so I'm keeping it for future endeavors.

Oh I would be surprised but

Have some witnesses along and maybe meet in a neutral place? I hope this works out for the best for you. As for the vendor, I agree 'what goes around comes around' and you may be IT!

Thanks for the ongoing thread. Will look forward to Saturdays update - if it happens!

Mike H
76 R90/6
93 R100R Legend

Who would want any witnesses and the best place to meet would be right at my front door, he does have my home address, he did say he wanted to talk and if I need a hand my wife is a redhead. What more could I need. Of course she probably won't want to help him out if he falls down or something so its all good here. But seriously I really don't expect the guy nor do I ever expect to get a refund so I will leave it up to this amazingly small world, my steel trap mind, unforgiving nature, his own stupidity and if all else fails I really am taking a trip to N.C. right around the first part of April but I'm not sure exactly when. I go up there once a year and meet a bunch of guys I've worked with over the years and we ride and talk and ride and talk and might even be up for a social call, I hope he has some Yeingling in the fridge. Sorry pictures would not be a very good idea!!!

After a second look at the latest saet picture

I have to wonder, is he gonna bring his trailer with him when he visits me? Its a cute little home, I guess I better be careful when and if I do stop in for a chat. His house might tip over or maybe get repossessed while I'm in it.

Folks, let's keep this focused on the transaction (or lack thereof) and not get into bad mouthing people who don't appear to be here. I understand a transaction didn't go as planned or thought it would, there's been some back and forth, and with possibly some resolution down the line. Let that play out...without throwing people under the bus...just yet! Just the facts, ma'am.

Thanks...

I must apologize for the bus

I have taken your suggestion and asked that either Cat or Richard appear and post their side of the story. I also suggested that he could make this right by sending me a partial refund, I keep the wrong part and apologize for dragging this matter into this forum. We would both save on shipping and stress that way but of course we would all have to find another villain to pick on. There's plenty out there unfortunately!!!

What is your intention?

You started this thread stating that you were working through some kind of resolution with this person, correct? I mean, I could be wrong, but I got the impression that there were still some steps to be taken...you were gonna send the part back, he'd refund your money or get you the right part...something like that? Correct? So if that's the case, why would you not just do that and see how it plays out....before you decided to drag the guy through the mud on this forum? You can't come out and tell everyone how awful this transaction has been (very publicly) before its even done.

Its not hard to understand why this transaction is now most assuredly doomed, after accusations of leaving the thing filled with oil on purpose so the post office would throw it out (I mean really man?, I hope you were joking about that), or what appears to be a threat to visit the guy personally...what???

All this makes me wonder how you've dealt with the guy from beginning, because if this thread is any indication, I'd be half-inclined to say to hell with it too.

The old saying goes...you get more with sugar than vinegar, unless your intention is to get an oil-filled paperweight.

So my question is: What is your intention? Do you want the correct part (or refund), or do you want to destroy the guys character? I can assure you that you will not get both.

Just saying.

For the record, I have no affiliation with the seller whatsoever.

Yes we are working on a reslution

You started this thread stating that you were working through some kind of resolution with this person, correct? I mean, I could be wrong, but I got the impression that there were still some steps to be taken...you were gonna send the part back, he'd refund your money or get you the right part...something like that? Correct? So if that's the case, why would you not just do that and see how it plays out....before you decided to drag the guy through the mud on this forum? You can't come out and tell everyone how awful this transaction has been (very publicly) before its even done.

Its not hard to understand why this transaction is now most assuredly doomed, after accusations of leaving the thing filled with oil on purpose so the post office would throw it out (I mean really man?, I hope you were joking about that), or what appears to be a threat to visit the guy personally...what???

All this makes me wonder how you've dealt with the guy from beginning, because if this thread is any indication, I'd be half-inclined to say to hell with it too.

The old saying goes...you get more with sugar than vinegar, unless your intention is to get an oil-filled paperweight.

So my question is: What is your intention? Do you want the correct part (or refund), or do you want to destroy the guys character? I can assure you that you will not get both.

Just saying.

For the record, I have no affiliation with the seller whatsoever.

I am not one to waste my time or Forum space trashing someone with out good reason. I have a complete E-mail exchange with him to back the history. He has made an extremely generous offer to make it right and this point in time I have accepted that "extremely generous" offer and when the dust has settled and the funds have cleared I will have no problem posting an apology and if he wishes the details of the "extremely generous" offer.

I think its important to say here that a few of the Flea Market vendors will send an invoice with parts description that includes a clearly stated return or exchange policy. That would be cumbersome for the guy who wants to get rid of a couple extra things from a bike long gone or just acquired but for someone who makes it a side business or has a lot of stuff it would be a very beneficial and important practice.

I don't like threads like this anymore than you or anybody else. I certainly look forward to doing my part in getting a positive outcome here and posting all the information Richard allows me to.

I'm going to close this thread until things have been resolved. It appears there's a path towards this. Rather than let more back and forth take place, I think it's time to let this sit.

69zeff65...when you've had your meeting and feel there's a final resolution, please PM me with the details and we'll look into opening the thread again.

Thanks...Kurt

Vendor came through with flying colors

I just wanted to clear the air and make it clear that the vendor rcbmw59 did in fact make it right. Rather than drag up the old thread and rehash I just want to make it clear that he went well above and beyond my expectations in fixing the issue. I want to also apologize for seemingly going nuclear with that issue and him. No details to provide other than Thank you for coming through Richard.

First off I'm glad it all worked out. I feel that an apology is not necessary you did us all a favor by informing us and I appreciate that :thumb. Maybe someone utilizing the flea market will think twice before they try something shabby with one of the members here, again thank you :thumb..

Back