• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Heated Gear Cross-Brand Compatibility?

dunc723

Peter D
I know some people might have a hard time thinking about heated gear right now (98 deg in Tennessee yesterday), but now might be the time to buy. Are there any issues with compatibility between the major brands (Gerbing, Tourmaster, Firstgear, etc.)? If I found a really sweet deal on Gerbing pants, will they work with a Firstgear controller (just one example)? The plugs all look the same, but are they really the same? Any other potential compatibility worries?

I am using a Gerbings controller with my Firstgear (Warm-n Safe) heated jacket....works great with no issues.

The plugs all look the same, but are they really the same?

Except for the older Widder gear all the brands use a SAE plug or coaxial.
If you have a mix of plugs you can buy a adapter cable from Powerlet.

410gkaPQE9L.jpg

Back