• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

First Gear TPG System

rebus

Anybody have experience with or know anyone who has the new First Gear TPG jacket and base layer system? The Jackets are pretty pricey at $350+ but I have always liked their products.

I just got my first shipment in of the TPG gear and I'm very impressed. I've never been a First Gear fan as it has seemed for a long time to be very dated compared to the competition. The TPG line is a complete turnaround. It actually has Knox armor, vents that work (a first for First Gear!), and a well thought out design. Tucker Rocky bought First Gear last year and we are now seeing the benefit of that purchase in the TPG line. There was a time when First Gear was a premium brand. I think that the TPG products will go a long way to returning them to that position in the market.

A Tucker Rocky rep that I know brought me a TPG jacket to check out last week and I was pretty impressed. Great attention to detail- and yes- the vents appeared as though they would work!

Anybody have experience with or know anyone who has the new First Gear TPG jacket and base layer system? The Jackets are pretty pricey at $350+ but I have always liked their products.

I wanted to like it but just sent mine back to New Enough. The two zippers for the lining and the main zipper all converge on your neck with a very poor attempt at padding. It's not at all comfortable to me. The Kilimjaro does a much better job around my neck with the overlapping collar. The TPG collar does not overlap in a practical way.

The rest of the jacket felt fine although I don't see a good reason for both zippers and velcro cuffs on the sleeves. The zippers did not slide easily.

The jacket materials feel very nice.

Back