• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

FIM Superbike racing- BeIn TV.

I don't get that channel...but I've been able to find the races a week or so later on youtube.

It is a stupid choice to put the races on a channel no one gets. It is on Direct TV, but you have to buy the FULL package. Every channel, including movie channels, for a huge cost to get Be-in TV. I like WSBK, but not for that price!

It is a stupid choice to put the races on a channel no one gets. It is on Direct TV, but you have to buy the FULL package. Every channel, including movie channels, for a huge cost to get Be-in TV. I like WSBK, but not for that price!

The problem is none of the domestic channels were willing to pay the rights fees. Dorna, the Spanish company that owns WSBK and MotoGP, would much rather have their product on a more mainstream, more accessible channel. Unfortunately with the demise of Speed and the lack of any prominent US riders in the series, none of the US networks are willing to pay Dorna's asking price.

Hopefully MotoAmerica will be successful in revitalizing the AMA Roadracing series and will then re-energize interest in SBK. Still wish Nicky Hayden had gone on to a solid WSBK effort after leaving Ducati rather than a sub-par CRT team that has just lost the primary sponsor.

The problem is none of the domestic channels were willing to pay the rights fees. Dorna, the Spanish company that owns WSBK and MotoGP, would much rather have their product on a more mainstream, more accessible channel. Unfortunately with the demise of Speed and the lack of any prominent US riders in the series, none of the US networks are willing to pay Dorna's asking price.

Hopefully MotoAmerica will be successful in revitalizing the AMA Roadracing series and will then re-energize interest in SBK. Still wish Nicky Hayden had gone on to a solid WSBK effort after leaving Ducati rather than a sub-par CRT team that has just lost the primary sponsor.

If I were in Dorna's position I would likely take the opposite position. Get the product on the air to as many people in North America as possible. Build a fanbase even if it means selling the broadcast rights for much less than desired. In the long run it will make them money. Baseball has made the same mistake for years in their big games. They broadcast at times when kids cannot watch and they are steadily losing their fan base.

Back