• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Country Store Items?

OK, what would you delete? Anything you like?

Or, are you asking why I'm not doing something more productive?:)

No, no, I appreciate the graphic work you're doing...what sort of program are you using, BTW? I'm not that great of a visionary or stylist, but what strikes me is that there's a lot going on for a standard logo. Look at all of those key logos out there...they're simple but say everything with just a few strokes.

No, no, I appreciate the graphic work you're doing...what sort of program are you using, BTW? I'm not that great of a visionary or stylist, but what strikes me is that there's a lot going on for a standard logo. Look at all of those key logos out there...they're simple but say everything with just a few strokes.

I'm using Coreldraw. It's relatively affordable vs the adobe products.

In regards to simplicity.........it's a very fine line between absolute clarity and meaningless oblivion.

Logo5A.jpg

IMO, and that's all it is... I thought this whole "rebranding process" stunk. It smacks of "insider trading". Again acerbating the disconnect between we the members and the "Main Office". Enough so that I have no intention of renewing my membership... And you can certainly rest assured I am not alone. There is an exodus in progress of which I'm certain will get larger... The logo debacle is only one of many instances driving folks away... And as the "Old Guard" ages, and it is... Raffles and give-aways won't fill that void.

----

Q: I guess the logo has been beat to death but the club missed a great opportunity to use members talents and inputs to design something that came from us rather than an outside source...

A: I take from your comment that you feel we have talent within the membership to design the logo rather than paying an outside company. I absolutely agree that is the case. We routinely solicit rally and other logo designs from our membership. And I am certain that had that been the only component of that project we would have done that again. However, due to the CI compliance that was required of us (the MOA), it was determined that a total an update or re-branding of the MOA would be advantageous. We could not continue with the "old" logo and therefore we searched for a company that could assist us with the entire process. Proposals from several prospective vendors were examined and a vendor was selected. The actual logo was only a fraction of the overall process and the logo design itself was driven by information obtained by this professional company through it's processes and it's designers. If another company had been selected would the outcome have been a different logo? Would other information and the re-branding been different? Well, probably so. That would have been the difference in how different companies conduct their projects. But the fact is that we we completed that exercise and acted on the results provided us. In my opinion it is now up to the club and it's individual members to act on the work that has been completed. A new logo is just that "new" changed and different from the past. I believe the new logo is progressive and as we "grow" forward will become an easily recognizable sign of our club. Remember, the club is not the logo but rather the logo identifies the club. That logo could be almost anything.
--
Source Thread:Comment #5:
http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?67917-Questions-for-Bill-Hooykaas&goto=nextnewest

----

horse.gif

OK. I'm done here. We went from store items to... Well... Another derailed thread. :wave

Nah. It's way past that. ...Again, it really wasn't about the logo... As ugly as it is... It was the process. Of which makes it even uglier.

You can complain about the past or put a better product on the table. One of those options is a complete waste of time, the other, at least, provides some new experience.

Nah. It's way past that. ...Again, it really wasn't about the logo... As ugly as it is... It was the process. Of which makes it even uglier.

Yup.........I bet you that 95% of the old folks who already have their gear from the "Store" don't come here to read or comment, nor do they purchase or want the "NEW" stuff. These are the ones that have paid the way so far, continue to pay their dues as it is habit, and it just happens to be there for the "new guys" to use and enjoy what is here, and then mostly leave. Just sayin........God bless.........Dennis

You can complain about the past or put a better product on the table. One of those options is a complete waste of time, the other, at least, provides some new experience.

I see you are new to this "conversation". Regardless. Didn't you read how members were circumvented for a better process?
I wish I had a nickel every time I heard that, offer a better product. And for all the unanswered emails... Or the nasty emails... Or being told "Move On".

So. Guess what... I'll take their advice. I'll move on.

Oh. And thanks for not using the ever so tiresome "Whiner" label.

:wave Take care.

I see you are new to this "conversation". Regardless. Didn't you read how members were circumvented for a better process?
I wish I had a nickel every time I heard that, offer a better product. And for all the unanswered emails... Or the nasty emails... Or being told "Move On".

So. Guess what... I'll take their advice. I'll move on.

Oh. And thanks for not using the ever so tiresome "Whiner" label.

:wave Take care.

Your perspective is different than mine. You are a professional in this area. I'm just bored on a rainy day and need a creative outlet, but too lazy to work in my wood shop.

I understand the history and your picture of the martian rover with the MOA sticker sums it quite nicely.

Logo7B.png

Your perspective is different than mine ... I'm just bored on a rainy day and need a creative outlet, but too lazy to work in my wood shop.
Oh... It's much closer than you think... I'd kill for a nice wood shoppe.
I need to go embroider a few hats... R90s hats to be exact... But shaping/working w/ wood... Nothing better...

Oh... It's much closer than you think... I'd kill for a nice wood shoppe.
I need to go embroider a few hats... R90s hats to be exact... But shaping/working w/ wood... Nothing better...

What brand of hat do you typically use? Port authority, Adams, etc?

What brand of hat do you typically use? Port authority, Adams, etc?

OTTO... They've proven to be the best/robust... And the most comfortable.

18-692_003.jpg

Back