• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Cleaning/Polishing Products

My current couple of cans have lasted about 5 years. If all users used as much as I do then the company would be doomed to failure for a lack of a strong market. That said, I love the stuff but just don't use it too often.

Griot's spray ceramic wax makes it an easy task keeping this clean and shiny without a lot of effort. It holds up over daily use and dirt seems
20231030_183018.jpg
20231030_183018.jpg
easier to wash off.

I use that stuff on my car and it's always fun watching the dew blow off of it and arriving at my destination in a dry car. I use the 3 in 1 Ceramic spray and it's just amazing. I'm going to buy the ceramic wax and put that on with my polisher and see how it goes, but I'd expect it will turn out great.

For folks trying to get their snowflake wheels clean, Griots Heavy Duty Wheel Cleaner does the best job I've ever seen, only requiring some light brushing on the hubs to get all the brake dust and crap off. The mottled texture of those wheels has always made them tough to clean, but this stuff does a tremendous job. I keep a gallon in the garage and fill some spray bottles I bought on Amazon for cheap.

+1 for Griot's. I use the spray wax and the detailing spray on my body panels. It's great since I am sloppy and unlike a lot of other wax products it doesn't turn black plastic or rubber white.

I was a Plexus fan for years, and since it became unobtainable, I’ve tried several things. I’ve found the Honda brand spray polish to be about 99% of what Plexus was. Same consistency, same color and scent, and it works just as well. It’s about $12 a can at Amazon.

For clean up while traveling, I carry a can of Motul E9 Wash and Wax spray. Spray on, wipe off, kinda like the better known S100, but does a better job IMO. Smells great too. Also great for cleaning visors.

I've also started using "rinse less wash" on the bikes and cars (google it if you haven't heard about this tech) and have been very impressed with the ease of use and the results.

Screenshot 2024-06-03 at 6.38.43 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-06-03 at 6.37.02 AM.png

Ok I’ll jump in here with a vote for Original Bike Spirits. Love the stuff and it’s the “original” Honda Spray Polish formula. The current Honda stuff is OK but this is better. The name was because it’s the original Honda stuff

Ok I’ll jump in here with a vote for Original Bike Spirits. Love the stuff and it’s the “original” Honda Spray Polish formula. The current Honda stuff is OK but this is better. The name was because it’s the original Honda stuff

Oh, this is good to know. The "old" Honda Polish was super excellent. Thank you!

Yeah, probably in a distinct minority, but I never thought the original Honda stuff was "all that." I've used it, long ago in a galaxy far, far away, in the original formula and, IMO, the Motul stuff is significantly better. Of course, as with everything, YMMV...

I also like Armour Detail Supply's Amplify as a rinse less wash drying aid and coating. Very slick with deep gloss. Use it on the cars and bikes.

Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 3.25.59 PM.png

Back