• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Cardan (drive shaft) Inspection - Service Performed in Vegas?

droveto

I'm curious if anyone has had this service bulletin perfromed in Las Vegas.

The service advisor told me that they'll pull the drive shaft and lube the splines when I asked in person as part of the procedure, but as I'm reading the service bulletin if the bike passes the test this would not be performed. I'm considering making drive shaft inspection part of my regular maintenance and I'm not sold on the duck bill valve solution. I don't imagine that they'll run the test without drilling and installing the duck bill valve.

For reference it's a 16 GS with only 20k miles. I'm guessing I'll pass the test. It's seen some heavy rain and has never crossed anything deeper than 12" of water and that was only once.

So, has anyone had this service bulletin done in Las Vegas and what was your experience?
Thanks for your help and thoughts.

Hi All - Bumping this again.
My recall service is scheduled for Saturday... But I called today to confirm and they said since they don't have any stock of drive shafts and they are backordered that they aren't planning on doing the recall work just now...
Bizarre. I scheduled this nearly two months ago...

Seems stretching it out, as long as there is no obvious symptoms, is a plus. Good thing you called.

OM

Back