• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Canadian info for GS & GSA driveshaft replacement

ronwiebe

I just went through the process of getting a brand new driveshaft, shipped to my house, for my 2015 GS in BC Canada.
I thought I would pass on my experience to our members.
I first read about this inspection/ replacement on this Website a few months ago but just last week I read in the GS forum on ADV rider about the driveshaft part # and the new price - a whole bunch less than the old price !!

FYI, in Canada, the old driveshaft price was $ 1650.00 CDN !!!!
Now in Canada the new price is $ 240.99 CDN. WOW, what a drop in price.
This also requires asking for the new part # 33735A670C3

This procedure is not a recall but an inspection/replace during your normal servicing. Don't expect to receive a letter from BMW advising you of this.
THIS PROGRAM IS FOR 2013 to 2017 GS and GSA only, I believe.
In Canada if your bike has less than 60,000 KM's the dealer will do a special test and if it passes the test no new driveshaft will be installed. If it fails, you'll get a new driveshaft for free.
If your bike has more than 60,000 they'll just install a new driveshaft for free.

In my case I asked the dealer if I could just purchase the driveshaft outright for the $ 240.99 price to have for future consideration at home. He agreed. I received it yesterday.
Thanks to Justin at Island BMW in Victoria, BC.

Hope this info is useful to other Canadian members.

Ron in Kamloops, BC

The site afmb.fr reported that the campaign had been expanded beyond the authority RTs to all of them.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Perhaps the Canadian bikes are lumped in with the EU bikes that have yet to be subject to the campaign.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Further to the OP's post, a buddy of mine just had his 100,000km service done on his GS and while it was in at Island BMW (Victoria) they replaced his driveshaft at no charge.

FYI, in Canada, the old driveshaft price was $ 1650.00 CDN !!!!
Now in Canada the new price is $ 240.99 CDN. WOW, what a drop in price.

That is because that is all it is worth. For some of us that have a well equipped shop, it would be an absolute zero (-273C) day in hell before I spend $1650.

Back