• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Calling all electronic gurus..

d_day_6

LDR Poseur!
First off, I know next to nothing about mc electronics.
My goal is to set up both my bikes with comm system with added farkles.

What I gots :

1998 R1100GSA
2000 K1200LT

I have a Baehr Ultima XL and Centech panel on the GS. Nothing is wired to the Centech panel.
The K1200LTI is stock except for some PIAA's 1100's. I plan on getting another Baehr system for this bike also.

My plan is to set up both bikes to use the same CB, GPS, radar detector, and IPOD. For the GS I am looking at all RAM mounts or shelf system. For the K1200 I am looking at the BMR shelf.
I want the set up to be clean and uncluttered, with cables out of the way as much as possible.

I assume I will need to get another Centech fuse panel on the K1200LT for power outlets to run the farkles.

What I need to know: What is the basic wiring set up to do this? How many power outlets would one need? Does each farkle need a separate power source? Could an electronic moron like myself be able to do this without frying my electrical system? Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Sorry about not being more specific in my questions. At this point I don't have the technical background to know what to ask, and in my area I know of no other riders who set their bikes up like this. Thanks in advance for any help.

Back