• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW Roadside Assistance

Also you really need to read the fine print on the BMW Roadside Assistance it does not cover trip interruption costs for Texas Residents, the only think it covers is $50 towing for Texas Residents. Found this out after I broke down for a week in Santa Fe.

The arranged for a car and hotel, then when I filed the claim it was denied.

I had a breakdown near Rocksprings, Utah in 2008 and was covered for trip interruption and a large chunk of the tow to Salt Lake. Bought and reside in TX:dunno

I had a breakdown near Rocksprings, Utah in 2008 and was covered for trip interruption and a large chunk of the tow to Salt Lake. Bought and reside in TX:dunno

That would be Rock Springs, Wyoming, wouldn't it? I lived there briefly during my western period.

Harry

Also you really need to read the fine print on the BMW Roadside Assistance it does not cover trip interruption costs for Texas Residents, the only think it covers is $50 towing for Texas Residents. Found this out after I broke down for a week in Santa Fe.

The arranged for a car and hotel, then when I filed the claim it was denied.

There is no fine print like that in my 2011 Roadside Assistance booklet.

BMW Roadside assist does not last forever

i am pretty sure that the policy states "will tow to nearest BMW dealer, no charge"- or something to that general effect. if you want to go elsewhere, that is when your pocket gets opened up.

I recently had a breakdown in Canada and found my Roadside assist had gone flat when my factory warranty expired. I had to shell out over $800 to get the bike to a dealer.

I recently had a breakdown in Canada and found my Roadside assist had gone flat when my factory warranty expired. .

On bikes we've had, Roadside Assistance has always ran out when warranty expired. Our GM cars have been the same way.
I have not checked on the current bikes, but in the past, the Roadside Assistance could be continued if you paid a yearly fee.

Roadside assist runs out in 36 months from original purchase. Only runs out the same time as mileage if you don't put 36k miles on the bike in less than 36 months. I had 36k miles well before the 36 months.....still had roadside assist.

Other Options

often, your own vehicle insurance will cover towing for no/little additional charge. AMA membership also includes towing servies.

although my bike is covered by BMW roadside assistance i also have Good Sams RV Emergency Road Service. this covers ANY vehicle registered in your name and has no mileage or dollar limitation. i have called them to verify this and i was told that your vehicle will be towed to the nearest authorized repair center, regardless of mileage. although i have no first hand experience using them, i like the fact that there is no mileage limitation.

Back