• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW offering deals to club members..

Having to be a CCA member for a year, in order to take advantage of this BMW incentive when buying a new bike, is a relatively recent change. This was not the case when I bought a new bike in late 2015 (when I used it to save $400). To read the fine print, just go to BMW Motorrad USA's website, and click on "Promotions" at the top of the home page. Every incentive, and their relative terms and conditions, is spelled out. For the BMW CCA incentive, you have to have been a member for "greater than one year", at time of delivery.

Having to be a CCA member for a year, in order to take advantage of this BMW incentive when buying a new bike, is a relatively recent change. .

Thanks.

UP TO $750 OFF THE ULTIMATE RIDING MACHINE:
THE 2017 BMW CAR CLUB OF AMERICA MEMBERS PURCHASE PROGRAM
Effective: January 1 – December 31, 2017

BMW Motorrad USA is pleased to announce a special motorcycle purchase program for eligible BMW Car Club of America Members. This program provides the following allowances based on the purchase of a new BMW motorcycle of their choice. Only new, unregistered BMW Motorcycles qualify. One year membership required for eligibility.

BMW Model Series Incentive
S-Series*, $750
K-Series, $500
R-Series, $400
G-Series, $250
F-Series, $250
C-Series, $250

... One year membership required for eligibility ...

Depends how you read that. Does it mean you have to have been a member for a year or that you've signed up for a year's membership?

I suspect the former but it could be stated more clearly.

In Canada..

As a member of Bee Cee Beemers, you are automatically recognized at BMW Clubs Canada, the national umbrella organization for all BMW Clubs in Canada.

Providing you have been a member for at least one year, through BMW Clubs Canada you are eligible for a 2% discount on the MSRP of the vehicle. This discount is in additional to any negotiated discounts you may have achieved with the dealer on a new BMW automobiles or motorcycles.

http://bmwclub.ca/benefits/discount/

Is it odd, or what, that CCA gets:

BMW Model Series Incentive
S-Series*, $750
K-Series, $500
R-Series, $400
G-Series, $250
F-Series, $250
C-Series, $250

and the backbone of Motorrad gets:

ONE WEEKEND. ONE CITY. TWO AMAZING EVENTS.

The marketing strategy evades me. Have we alone ever been offered a discount on a new BMW auto? Has Lexus ever offered a discount to Toyota owners only. I'm not offended, or anything, but it just seems strange.

E.

The marketing strategy evades me. Have we alone ever been offered a discount on a new BMW auto? Has Lexus ever offered a discount to Toyota owners only. I'm not offended, or anything, but it just seems strange.

E.
That was pretty much my point - perhaps too subtly expressed - that the Car Club has appears to have better bargaining skills with BMW-AG/NA.. :dance

We discussed this at a local meeting the other night.

Car club members get:
-------------------------
> A discount on BMW cars bought new - just for being a CCA member
> A discount on BMW motorcycles bought new - just for being a member

MOA club members get/or-have-gotten:
--------------------------------------------
> A free quart of oil with the purchase of other oil
> A neck sock of some sorts? Not so sure on this or not - I didn't follow the thread very closely.

I can see BMW thinking that giving BMW car owners a discount on BMW motorcycles might lead to some conquest sales, and why bother giving a bike discount to the already converted - the MOA members. But that sort of goes against them giving the car club members discounts on a new BMW car - where one would assume they're already converted. To be fair - it would seem the MOA (and perhaps RA) members - both organizations are recognized members of the "BMW Clubs" - be offered a discount on a new BMW car of some sort.

Very puzzling - but it seems to open new avenues the management of the MOA might explore to give more value to the members.

Another thing that is VERY common, both in the BMW_CCA and the Porsche Club of America - a parts discount of 10% for being a member of the club. That isn't official BMW-NA or Porsche Cars NA policy but I've only had to ask when purchasing parts and the discount has always been graciously given.

That was pretty much my point - perhaps too subtly expressed - that the Car Club has appears to have better bargaining skills with BMW-AG/NA.. :dance

Car club members get:

> A neck sock of some sorts? Not so sure on this or not - I didn't follow the thread very closely.

I can see BMW thinking that giving BMW car owners a discount on BMW motorcycles might lead to some conquest sales, and why bother giving a bike discount to the already converted - the MOA members. But that sort of goes against them giving the car club members discounts on a new BMW car - where one would assume they're already converted. To be fair - it would seem the MOA (and perhaps RA) members - both organizations are recognized members of the "BMW Clubs" - be offered a discount on a new BMW car of some sort.

Very puzzling - but it seems to open new avenues the management of the MOA might explore to give more value to the members.

Another thing that is VERY common, both in the BMW_CCA and the Porsche Club of America - a parts discount of 10% for being a member of the club. That isn't official BMW-NA or Porsche Cars NA policy but I've only had to ask when purchasing parts and the discount has always been graciously given.

Don,
While I may have some issues with the MOA, I would never want the MOA to become the sad monthly ad that is the CCA.
In addition, I hold a single bike for ~15-yrs. That's $630 in CCA dues.

A former CCA member......

Car club members get:

This comes at an interesting time. This weekend my wife has decided to trade in her S 430 for either an X5, or a GLE. Knowing my wife as I do, an additional $750.00 incentive would not seal the deal, but it would be considered a good will gesture.

E.

Back