• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New member in Raleigh NC

cobramax

Hey,
I'm a new MOA member in Raleigh, NC. I recently purchased my 8th bike, a 2017 BMW R1200RT in all white. 13,000 miles on it and checked out by the dealer as good! It already has engine guards and a top case. I like to ride the country roads in North Carolina and the Blue Ridge Parkway area mountain roads.
My previous bikes (some years are guesses):
1970 Honda 70 minibike
1978 Yamaha 200
1990 Yamaha Virago 750
1994 Yamaha Virago 1100
1972 Honda CB750 (the original sport bike)
2007 Honda CRF 250
2009 BMW R1200RT-P

I regretted selling my RT-P, which was previously a local police bike with a great story. The kickstand sensor switch had been replaced 5 times since the police use it so much! I sold it because I didn't have time to ride it.
Now I have (or make) the time!

On my current ride, I added a Sargent low seat, RAM phone holder, and that's it.
I'm about to order a Nelson Rigg Defender Extreme cover.
I'm also looking for an indoor cover, warm weather riding shirt, and riding boots.

Any RT ownership advice gladly accepted!

Max

Attachments

• BMW_R1200RT_Left_sm.jpg
    BMW_R1200RT_Left_sm.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 23
Welcome Max! Beautiful bike. You are a lucky person to have BRP close by (I will get there one day...). Thanks for posting the pic of the bike.

Back