• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bike shipper needed

I’ve gotten quotes from http://acecycletransport.com/ on several occasions. They are very responsive and competitive in price and service. I’ve found they usually want to pick up and deliver sooner rather than later. Bonus…The model pictured on their homepage is worth the keystrokes lol. On the downside they are a regional carrier, so check the website to see if your pickup and delivery area is covered.

Last edited:
I just had a bike delivered using Haulbikes/Daily Direct. I had used them several years ago and they did a great. This time they shipped the bike without any damage. The only grips I have is 1) with their estimates of pick up and delivery dates, and 2) their complete lack of communication. The first issue may be attributable to the general shipping problems the whole country is experiencing, and I am sympathetic to that. I just wish that they had been more forthcoming about how long it would take before they could pick up the bike, how long they were going to store at their hub, when it was going to get out onto the delivery truck, and when it would arrive. If it wasn't for me calling I don't think I would have heard from them during the five weeks the whole process took. i wound give them a C+ rating overall.

Premier Motorcycle Transport. I recently purchased a 2020 Moto Guzzi California from a dealer in NC. Got it shipped to Nj in six days. I was very pleased with their service.

I've shipped several bikes coast-to-coast. The thing to remember is, with the big national shipping companies, your bike isn't going on one truck and straight to it's destination. It will zig-zag across the country from one freight dock to another and from one truck to another. Each transfer point is another potential damage site. Every bike I've ever shipped has ALWAYS had some damage, usually very minor (rub mark on the saddlebag, mirror knocked loose, tie down tore a reflector off the fork tube, etc.) But on two occasions, I've had major damage. Federal Motorcycle Transport shipped a Ducati of mine with the side stand down! A big no-no! On top of that, they ran the straps from the handlebars across the tank, ruining the paint job. The bike was pristine, but when I filed with their insurance, they claimed "pre-existing damage." Another time, I shipped a Honda VFR to Las Vegas from Atlanta. When I went to pick it up in Las Vegas at the warehouse, I was stunned to find it hanging at a precarious angle from only two straps, one on the forks and one from the rear subframe. The other two straps had torn out their eye-bolts from the wooden pallet. The damage and stress of only two straps tweeked the forks so bad the bike was unrideable. So the moral is, be very careful, make sure you (or someone you trust) is present to supervise the strapping and loading and unloading of the bike from the truck. Take lots of photos of the bike at the truck to show the condition it is in when you turned it over to the shippers. In both my high-damage instances, I failed to do any of this. I was time-pressed and simply dropped the bike off at the warehouse and drove away...a prescription for disaster. I can promise you, the workers in the loading dock will handle your bike with the same care and respect they would give to a crate of bowling balls. Be careful, it can be a real crap-shoot.

Back