• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

? about winter gloves

Electric Clothes

I love my Widder Vest, but the arm chaps and gloves can be a hassle.

The gloves are way too big/thick considering they are electric. You can wear them without plugging them in which defeats the purpose of having them, they are very thick.

I think electric gloves should be thin.

That said on a sub freezing morning, NOTHING works as well as electric. You can set the thermostat low enough that you don't feel the heat but they are keeping you warm. You don't have to use them turned up high to realize the benefits.

The Olympia look good based on the comparison and feedback.

THe gloves I use for everyday 3 season are the Aerostitch Elkskin Ropers. Fantastic and reasonable $$$.

My wife has the new Gerbings electric gloves. They're quite a bit thinner than my older model. We'll have to wait for some really cold weather to find out how effective they are. It probably won't be a long wait!

touche'

I have BMW Winter Gloves. There are 3 years old, not sure if they make the same model anymore.
Very Warm.

Here is a link for a 13 glove shootout.

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/accessoriesandgear/cold_weather_glove_comparison/

Just wanted to say thanks again, for the tip and link. I ended up buying off the tourmaster website. Picked their Winter Elite glove that has a buit-in three compartment mitten, wiper blade, long cuffs, and a cinched cuff. They came in while I was out playing on the Tali-Mena Drive in eastern OK and western AR. I wore them for the first time today with 43 degree temps and no hand guards on the cruiser. I pulled the mittens out and slipped them over the gloves last night and never even felt slightly cold in my fingers for the entire ride to work this AM. Was 50 degrees when I started for home at 6PM and I folded the mittens back into their pockets; and again was totally comfortable the whole trip home.

:thumb :thumb for the Tourmaster Winter Elite glove.

Back