• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Member, Old owner

maxwedge

Hello forum members,
My name is Matt, I'm from Michigan, and I just purchased a 2023 R1250RS. Not my first BMW, my first was a 2010 R1200GS I purchased brand new in 2010 and put 100k miles on before a Buick took it and me out one morning in November, 2020. I recovered and I'm back, the RS is about perfect. No complaints, but I would like to try a different windscreen when the weather gets cold. Any recommendations? I have been riding for about 40+ years, first accident.

Also, where in the forum is the for sale listings? I have the full set of vario bags, seats, winter handguards, factory tank bag and some miscellaneous items I no longer have a use for, and weren't on the bike when it got totaled.

Hope to meet many of you soon,

Matt, the new guy

Welcome to the forum!
Great you are healed up an back riding on a new bike.
In the above “tool bar” you will see a “button” for the marketplace. There is no marketplace area in the forum itself as there is no cleanup of old or no longer needed bikes/parts.
Good luck with the new bike.
Gary

Welcome Matt from your neighbor to the south! Sorry to hear about your meetup with a Buick. Would love to see a picture of the new bike.

Hey, similar story to me. Just grabbed a 23 1250rs last weekend after a VW Tiguan totalled my F800GT last summer.

Hope you're recovery went well/is going well.

I'm loving the RS so far, might try my x screen once things get cold but for now like the clean air when it's down

Welcome Back to the Forum, Matt!

We’ve bought two Beemers off the MOA Marketplace. Look under Resources tab on the Home Page.
https://www.bmwmoa.org/page/marketplace

We’re recently back from the MOA’s 50th Rally in VA, and a visit to the AF Museum in Dayton, and a rendezvous with fellow IBR enthusiasts in Pittsburgh. Wish I could say all’s well out there on America’s Highways, but sometimes Bad Things happen to Good People... Our chum hit a deer in the Illinois darkness and spent time in the hospitall... :doh

Read your Owners’ News (on paper or Online). Look for windscreens in there. Mrs-HSV is using an Aeroflow on her older RS. :brow
https://aeroflowscreens.com/r1250rs/

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen
USAF-Ret'd — & — USN-Ret’d

'75 R90S ————— '82 R100CS
’09 KLX250S ——— ’08 CRF230L
'14 K-GT ————— '16 R1200RS
’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

UAV-video of Monday's IBR Start here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2MiejIB0UQ
Note the chap halfway down on the far row missed the “Mandatory Rookie Rider meeting,” so the Leadership were going to give him the rookie lecture after everybody else left on-time!

I just had a getoff a couple of weeks ago on my R1100 S, thankfully minimal damage to me and the bike. All fixed already waiting for a new front tire right now.

Welcome from Newfoundland.

Back