• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

A & S BMW Motorcycles

Fritzc

Has anyone an opinion on A&S BMW?? I have ordered from them in the past with no problems. I like their online catalog with which you can obtain part numbers then order from someplace else (chuckle). Out of guilt I usually order from A&S because of their friendly attitude in sharing their microfiche. However! I placed an order on April 2, on April 3, I received an email saying they would notify me when the parts would be shipped. Today is 12 April and 10 days hence. That seems to me to be a long time to throw a few nuts and bolts together and ship them out. I know they are 2500 miles away from me but just the same they could have been shipped by now.:violin :dunno :scratch In the meantime, I have utilized parts I already had and don't need them anymore. I tried to cancel the order but have not heard from them yet.:whistle :whistle :whistle

Since you have ordered from them in the past with no problems, one order for a "few nuts and bolts" that is a little late, and for which you have gotten acknowledgement notice from them, seems a little quick on the draw to be posting a red "thumbs down" and asking for other people's opinion.

Why don't you wait until you confirm from them what the problem is (maybe you ordered something that was out of stock - I don't know) before posting.

Has anyone an opinion on A&S BMW?? I have ordered from them in the past with no problems. I like their online catalog with which you can obtain part numbers then order from someplace else (chuckle). Out of guilt I usually order from A&S because of their friendly attitude in sharing their microfiche. However! I placed an order on April 2, on April 3, I received an email saying they would notify me when the parts would be shipped. Today is 12 April and 10 days hence. That seems to me to be a long time to throw a few nuts and bolts together and ship them out. I know they are 2500 miles away from me but just the same they could have been shipped by now.:violin :dunno :scratch In the meantime, I have utilized parts I already had and don't need them anymore. I tried to cancel the order but have not heard from them yet.:whistle :whistle :whistle

I've had some issues with them in the past. A year and a half ago, I ordered a jacket from them that had been on backorder from another dealer. As it turned out, the backordered one showed up later that day. So, I returned the one I ordered from A&S in exchange for some clutch parts (I owed them more money on top of that). It got near the holiday season, so they were busy. No problem I said; I'm not in a hurry. A month passes and still nothing. I had to call and email a few times, but my stuff still didn't ship. Finally I emailed their general manager (link on their contact page) and told him what was going on. A day or two later, my stuff shipped out. That would have been fine, except they never replied to me. No explanation or apology. Had I not received a UPS ship notification, I would have never known. I would have had no issue dealing with them again (even after the long delay) but them not sending an "our bad, we're shipping your stuff today" left a bad taste in my mouth. Sometimes I almost buy things from them again, but end up going elsewhere after remembering the service issues. I've eyeballed some bar risers from them a few times...

You may want to try emailing that "General Manager" link; worked for me. If that doesn't get you anywhere, I think they advertise in the ON, so you could contact the MOA office; there is a person who helps members with these types of issues, I believe.

Hopefully we're just the two unlucky ones out of many happy customers and we both suffered from ordering during "busy" times; the holidays and the start of many peoples riding seasons...

Similar experience

I've been dealing with A&S for years and had the same experience. They are very friendly and they know their stuff but if they're out of stock on something, they don't let you know. I just had to figure it out by the unusually long ship date but that's kind of the rule I guess. I've have the same problem with Sierra BMW and BMW of Santa Cruz. I've called them before and asked if they could send me an update if something was backordered, just a quick email would be fine. They said they would try. I've never had a problem modifying an order though. I usually call them when I have to do something like that and it gets handled right away.

Same problem

Interestingly I had nearly the same thing happen. I've purchased some various farkles from them this winter, showed up no problem.

I ordered the oil change kit and a KN air filter about the same time, got an email that FedEx would be contacting me that the stuff had been shipped on the 3rd.

I've been on the road and when I got home I realized that A. FedEx hadn't emailed me and B. Stuff wasn't here.

I sent an email yesterday after COB so I'll see what they say Monday.

Phone calls vs. e-mail...

Rather than e-mail, I'd place a call directly to A&S. Sometimes voice contact is way better than e-mails. Sometimes we assume that businesses are as diligent with reading and responding to e-mails as we are.

I've never dealt with A&S, so have no opinion about them. Anything that I need to order from a dealer I get from Bob's BMW. Absolutely NO issues with them whatsoever. I always call their 800 number, I don't even place orders online.

My experience was the same as Josh's, Yellowjacket's, and Glenn's. My order was eventually filled correctly, but A&S was uncommunicative - no responses to many of my inquriies - and never expressed any responsibility for their poor manners.

While I sometimes view their site, I will not order from them again.

Tried calling today

Thought the advice to call was good so I checked the web site and their customer service is supposed to be open on Saturday.

No answer. :dunno

I have ordered twice from them recently. Both times the order was processed just fine.

A&S put in a special order for me, on something that "may or may not" ever become available again. They did so WITHOUT asking me to pay for it (EVERY other dealer in the western US- yes I called them- wanted me to pay full price up front). That there is blasphemy in the land of BMW. I'm surprised the had of dog didn't come out of Germany and slap 'em half way across their dealership. Instead they called me every so often to confirm that I still wanted it.

Stuff arrived, wife picked it up

The stuff I ordered arrived on Thursday. My wife picked it up and left it in her car. Natch she was also going out of town on Friday before I got back from my trip.:doh

I let the A&S manager know that the stuff had arrived.

I still don't know why FedEx didn't contact me. :nono

I have ordered from them a half a dozen times or so. Every order has been promptly sent. I plan on using them in the future as so far I have been very pleased.

Much, much better than my local dealer :banghead

Nothing but good.

I have ordered sveral times from them and have had no issues at all. But I am sure there are times when things do not go wrong and several followup may be needed to fix your order.

ShitHappens.jpg

Shi_ does happen.

I had a similar problem with an order from a different dealer. Along with some stuff I needed that's readily available, I'd tossed in a couple new bolts (to replace some rusting ones). Those bolts held up my order by two weeks while they were sent in from Germany.

Follow up

I just got off the phone with Rep. at A&S. (I called them) History: Placed order on April 2, posted on credit card on April 4, received email saying order is reviewed and email will be forthcoming when shipped (never heard from them), today (April 15) I was told the parts had not been shipped yet. The gentleman was very polite and apologetic while gladly canceling my order and crediting my account. Yes, I know SH_T happens and I will probably do business with them in the future. Just not when in a hurry.:bolt

When I bought my R11S, I bought a whole selection of accessories. Tinted shield, footpeg lowering kit, comfort bars, all kinds of stuff.

It took months to get them all. :bluduh

A&S BMW Motorcycles.

It is now 6:11 P.M. Eastern time and 3:11 P.M. Pacific time. I just got off the phone with a very polite and apologetic Jeff Hanrahan, General Manager at A&S. He explained what the problem was and I am glad to say both parties were satisfied with the outcome. Some honest mistakes were made and I will continue to do business with A&S.:bolt

I ordered a couple of pairs of BMW logowear gloves from them two weeks ago and they arrived this past Friday. Slow I'd say, but I was warned about delivery time and procedure up front. I'm happy to report that both pairs of gloves fit -- which isn't common for me when I buy gloves online.

Oh, one pair is the Atlantis 2 and the other is the All Around, both pairs in size 12/12.5.

A & S

I ordered an air pump from them about two years ago. It didn't get to me and I called, no problem on the way, I waited, no pump I called, it's on the way. I called a third time after about a month, oh it's back ordered. A month later no pump. I called, it's still back ordered. Finally called to cancel order, manager apologized and said they never had it! They sent me a different model free so I guess I can't complain but IMHO their reps are dishonest. I won't do business with them again.

Back