• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

A slight rant.....

If allowed?..........

So I go to the doc yesterday, tune-up , oil change :) I'm fine .

The new nurse walks me back, notices my hat, [BMW logo] and asks is that cars or motorcycles? me..Motorcycles......her.....oh man I'll take my HD anytime, the roar of that big v-twin, those [pointing at my hat] are too light in a crosswind , on & on about how her HD was superior to my BMW . You get the picture I'm sure?

So I politely & briefly explain my background, & the fact that I am approaching a million miles on a motorcycle in 50+ years...but thanked her for educating me on the ins & outs of motorcycles.....I mean after all, she does have 5 years in the saddle and other than putting it on & off the trailer :) she does her own riding.

Now!.....I don't bash, so I won't but.....That attitude is like nails on a chalkboard too me....and I must admit a small factor in my decision to avoid that crowd , and shy away from that brand..............:dunno

Let me preface this with the fact I work with a former motor officer and we commute in to the office routinely together. We routinely take shots regarding "Bring More Wallet" and "Hundred Dollars".

As instructors of young men and women they will try to divide the house by showing preference in the bikes we ride regardless of whether they ride or not. I have become quiet proficient at stopping the snotty remarks. I love the "mine has a bigger engine" or "at least mine is made in the US".

If they ride, not every other third Sunday ride, I have found great banter and new friends. If they don't ride or just think they do, they are greatly offended when you bite back then go away.

Either way, I feel better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If allowed?..........

So I go to the doc yesterday, tune-up , oil change :) I'm fine .

The new nurse walks me back, notices my hat, [BMW logo] and asks is that cars or motorcycles? me..Motorcycles......her.....oh man I'll take my HD anytime, the roar of that big v-twin, those [pointing at my hat] are too light in a crosswind , on & on about how her HD was superior to my BMW . You get the picture I'm sure?

So I politely & briefly explain my background, & the fact that I am approaching a million miles on a motorcycle in 50+ years...but thanked her for educating me on the ins & outs of motorcycles.....I mean after all, she does have 5 years in the saddle and other than putting it on & off the trailer :) she does her own riding.

Now!.....I don't bash, so I won't but.....That attitude is like nails on a chalkboard too me....and I must admit a small factor in my decision to avoid that crowd , and shy away from that brand..............:dunno

After many years of hearing the same kind of baloney, I have learned that there is no use in even trying to make any attempt to educate or influence them. Just smile and say thanks for the info :) BTW, I have owned and ridden just about every brand of motorcycle including that famous American brand , so I'm not bashing anyone.

I see Harley riders in the motel parking lots cleaning their bikes while I clean my RT's windshield and I always make a comment about how beautiful their bikes look. That usually breaks the ice and most times we end up talking bikes, roads, where we've come from, where we're heading. Sometimes they'll make a positive comment about the RT. I mean, we're all bikers. I know some, on both sides, rag the other side, and I guess I have too here and there, but we're all lookin' centrifical force, seeing the sights and smellin' the smells. Oh lucky us!

View attachment 62881

That's been my experience too. I guess what you bring to the game defines the game!

I have no dog in this hunt....

I drive a BMW GS, a scooter, a Can-am Spyder and I am a MSF Instructor that teaches the H-D Riding Academy. Think I have all my bases covered!! :)

Back