• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Panjo Marketplace Feedback Thread

As Ted mentioned, there has been some important technical work done on the back end to get everything running smoother. We're seeing much better performance, in line with what we see on other forum marketplaces using Panjo.

That being said, if you continue to experience any problems, please do not hesitate to submit a support ticket. We're here to help, and we want to make everyone's experience using the BMWMOA Flea Market a great one.

Thank you all for your patience!

Better, more work still to do

Response on the FM is better tonight. Pages are loading more quickly and the system is doing a much better job of loading and displaying photos that accompany the ads. It is responsive enough now that I can tolerate an occasional need to reload a page. Perhaps this will now allow time to focus on navigation and design issues. For example, using the drop-down to check new ads in several categories, one after another, can still result in Panjo not finding any ads in a category. Return to the forum, then jump back to Panjo, and selecting that same ad category now results in numerous ads shown, along with their pics. And once in Panjo it can be difficult to get back to the Forums--it's like there is another page element partially overlying the "Forums" button, leaving only a small slice of the button available to hit. I usually access MOA site from an iPad 2 running the latest iOS version and Safari.

Best,

DG

DG -

Glad things are displaying faster. As for the link back to the forum being hidden, I suspect that is due to the resolution of your iPad screen or similar settings. The links/boxes are set up for a variety of screen widths and resolutions, but I don't think it is dynamic enough to cover everything. I'm not an iPad person so I don't really know the interface. Is there is a way to right click on the Flea Market icon once you are in the forum? On the Windows machines and IE browser, right clicking lets me open the FM in a new tab. That way when I'm done in the FM, I just close that tab and I'm back on the forum tab. If you have that kind of option, maybe it's worth "retraining" yourself to navigate that way. In Windows, the right click is a pretty powerful feature.

I suspect that is due to the resolution of your iPad screen or similar settings.

Nothing changed on my iPad screen settings so it must be related to the new server, probably a font change pushed it slightly more to the right causing an overlap.

Currently only the "Fo" of Forum is outside the search box format area. Clicking anything other than the Fo area reacts like you are in the search area.

Last edited:
Nothing changed on my iPad screen settings so it must be related to the new server, probably a font change pushed it slightly more to the right causing an overlap.

Could be, but in my limited understanding, it's the same software only the hardware changed. Seems like software would control this...but what do I know! :dunno

The server OS changed as well, from Windows based to Linux if I remember correctly. That is software.

Right, I didn't think about that. But it's still executing the same lines of code for vBulletin. Again, this is beyond my paygrade!

this is beyond my paygrade!

I am sure Ted will adjust it when he realizes it is a problem. If mods communicate with him directly you might want to point it out though.

Edit - never mind - noticed it is fixed now. Thanks Ted.

Just noticed that the "Home" button in the upper left of the forum main page now says "bmwmoa.org". That's considerably longer than "Home". Don't know if that was an issue before...

Just noticed that the "Home" button in the upper left of the forum main page now says "bmwmoa.org". That's considerably longer than "Home". Don't know if that was an issue before...

I think he changed that button then removed a few of the others to make room. Overlap problem is gone.

Thank you to everyone who is working to improve the site! The overlay issue on the menu bar seems fixed, and the site overall is more responsive. Great!

On the "retraining" comment: change is inevitable and we all need to be prepared to adapt. But in today's world of Internet connectivity and dealing with the "digital natives", the younger set that BMW and the other MC manufacturers are trying to attract, you can't tell them to retrain themselves, to hammer around themselves or their chosen platform so that your site can be used. It is ALL about mobile today, and successful companies and their web developers get that their web presence has to work effectively on phone or tablet first and foremost. Absent that, you've already lost the web-browsing millennials and all you'll have for visitors is old gray-haired geezers like me.:gerg

Thanks again, please keep moving things forward!

Best,

DG

Last week I posted to add my voice to those dissatisfied and having trouble with the flea market.
I feel it is only appropriate that I post now to commend those who have worked diligently to address the issues. It appears to me that the problems are fixed. I have experienced ZERO issues (knock on wood!) since the new server was installed. (I have changed nothing at my end.)
Thank you for listening and acting.
Jim

Last week I posted to add my voice to those dissatisfied and having trouble with the flea market.
I feel it is only appropriate that I post now to commend those who have worked diligently to address the issues. It appears to me that the problems are fixed. I have experienced ZERO issues (knock on wood!) since the new server was installed. (I have changed nothing at my end.)
Thank you for listening and acting.
Jim
:thumb
It really is important for us that if a concern is posted, when a change is made, that we hear feedback on how the change effected the posted concern. If we don't hear back we never know. So many drop in a complaint and sometimes we never see them again.
Gary

Thanks Omega Man for reminding me that credit where credit is due is not just appropriate but helpful to the fixers. Happy to report that since the Linux server came online I have no issues loading the flea market, surfing it and going back and forth from open ads to the listings again. Although my time on it has been limited the obvious problems are resolved. As GTRider reported I am finding that the flea market is much faster now as well. Also, I changed nothing on my end so running XP and latest Firefox version was not the problem.

Nice goin' guys! :thumb

Not sure this is a Panjo problem, but when I click on the "Motorcycles for Sale " section of the "Member Marketplace" in the regular forum, seven of the first 10 ads are for parts and accessories.

Are these ads getting filtered to the wrong section or are members posting to the wrong section? These misplaced ads are needlessly bumping the actual bikes for sale ads to the bottom or off the first page.

k12lts -

Sounds like you are viewing ads in the forum area rather than looking in the Panjo marketplace at the top of the forum. The in-forum area is not necessarily in the same fine detail in terms of categories at the actual marketplace. So, some of these items end up being lumped together. The in-forum area is really there for on-going conversations with the seller. Typically, when you view an ad in the actual marketplace, there will be a link at the bottom that's says "See what people are saying about this item...". Clicking a link takes you to the in-forum discussion area.

So, just going to the in-forum area and browsing is not really the intention of that...it's meant to hold the postings between buyer and seller.

But your point is understood...if it become necessary, then additional in-forum areas can be created.

Thanks...

Back