• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rounders Temperature Scale??

I got quite a range in today. I left the Vermont rally, and it was probably in the upper 50s, low 60s. Rode west into New York, and south, and the temp dropped noticably. Took advantage of the low temps to test out the new electrics. They work well. Too well for today, in fact. Didn't leave 'em plugged in long. Finally hit I-90, and headed easy into Mass. Almost as soon as I crossed the state line, the temperature shot up. I was off at the first rest area and shucked all my layers. Upper 70s, I'd guess, all the way home.

jmerlino said:
I got quite a range in today. I left the Vermont rally, and it was probably in the upper 50s, low 60s. Rode west into New York, and south, and the temp dropped noticably. Took advantage of the low temps to test out the new electrics. They work well. Too well for today, in fact. Didn't leave 'em plugged in long. Finally hit I-90, and headed easy into Mass. Almost as soon as I crossed the state line, the temperature shot up. I was off at the first rest area and shucked all my layers. Upper 70s, I'd guess, all the way home.

Me, too! When I was near Killington, VT it got real chilly then cold rain outside of Rutland. I was lucky to be stopped, eating when the heavy rain came. I still had not warmed up much when crossing Mass. Got pulled over in Cummington and the officer was wearing a short sleeve polo shirt. He looked comfortable but commented on all the gear I was wearing - 'stich, gloves & boots. In Winsted, CT I started seeing blue skies and when I got to Waterbury I was feeling warm. Less than a half hour from home so I rode on. What a great day to ride!

MarkF said:
Me, too! When I was near Killington, VT it got real chilly then cold rain outside of Rutland. I was lucky to be stopped, eating when the heavy rain came. I still had not warmed up much when crossing Mass. Got pulled over in Cummington and the officer was wearing a short sleeve polo shirt. He looked comfortable but commented on all the gear I was wearing - 'stich, gloves & boots. In Winsted, CT I started seeing blue skies and when I got to Waterbury I was feeling warm. Less than a half hour from home so I rode on. What a great day to ride!

Were you at the rally? I looked around, but I wasn't sure what I was looking for.

jmerlino said:
Were you at the rally? I looked around, but I wasn't sure what I was looking for.
plate.jpg

Yep, thought I might have seen you once riding in and once leaving on Sun - R100R and Hi-Viz 'stich?

Okay, I did see your bike then. Sorry I never managed to find you. I did make it to Quebec on Saturday, but I wasn't there very long. I hit some major rain and headed back south.

jmerlino said:
I did make it to Quebec on Saturday, but I wasn't there very long. I hit some major rain and headed back south.

I did this loop on Sat. 325 mi/7 hrs with 2 gas/restroom breaks and a long lunch. My fav loop ride yet. Best part was nothing but a drizzle here and there.

Gee I wish this heat would break....

Geeze, I wish this summer heat would end so I can start riding again. Hidy ho maties! :wave I've been AWOL, but I'll try to come back now that "my" season is approaching in a couple of months!

Hope all is well with all of the Rounders. I be good, just ready to see all this nice weather end and let the snow and cold come in so I can get back on the road. I have been distracted with big cage things but I hope to drop by here more often.

Rich was kind enough to send me a note and ask if I had dropped off the face of the earth, :bolt and basically I had...at least from a two wheeled point of view.

But I be back now. :buds Thanks to Rich for the wake up call!

Welcome back, Kook! We missed you! And please look around, there is a whole 'nother Forum just started up for us Rounders.

Welcome back, your dreams were your ticket out.....

oldcarkook said:
Geeze, I wish this summer heat would end so I can start riding again. Hidy ho maties! :wave I've been AWOL, but I'll try to come back now that "my" season is approaching in a couple of months!

Hope all is well with all of the Rounders. I be good, just ready to see all this nice weather end and let the snow and cold come in so I can get back on the road. I have been distracted with big cage things but I hope to drop by here more often.

Rich was kind enough to send me a note and ask if I had dropped off the face of the earth, :bolt and basically I had...at least from a two wheeled point of view.

But I be back now. :buds Thanks to Rich for the wake up call!

Kook - you weasel. You Rounder. You wicked, wicked man. Okay - just kidding. Take a look at what BB did: www.yearroundriders.com. We have riders on other kinds of bikes getting involved. Coolio, that is the plan. We gave you proper credit for inspiring us in the first place only we just referred to you as "Kook" since I didn't know your real name.....witness protection program still going okay?

Cliffy777 said:
Kook - you weasel. You Rounder. You wicked, wicked man. Okay - just kidding. Take a look at what BB did: www.yearroundriders.com....we just referred to you as "Kook" since I didn't know your real name.....witness protection program still going okay?
Kook is my real name. :stick Thanks for welcome back and I'll mosie on over there.

Where'd the last 13 years go?

I went looking for the Rounders Group today and they have disappeared. Anybody still with Rounders? I ain't dead yet and am still riding.

I went looking for the Rounders Group today and they have disappeared. Anybody still with Rounders? I ain't dead yet and am still riding.

Hey there, welcome back (again), long time no see. I hope you're doing well.

Last edited:
Can't believe this was 13 years ago. :gerg
I disappeared for a few years, obviously back again, but I see others have moved on as well...

Back