• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

O2 Sensor Connector

bobr9

Need a little help understanding how to uncouple the O2 sensor harness connector. Not sure if it just pulls apart or if it unscrews. Don't want to force it cause it is old and brittle looking. Bike is a99 R1100RT.

Perhaps from the exhaust system. Not from the wiring harness, I don't think.

Yes.....actually the connector on the wiring harness just unscrews.....it has a oversized coarse thread with the electrical terminations inside. I had mine apart recently when I performed a tranny input shaft spline lube

Thanks guys. Easy when you know how. I probably would have pulled it and screwed it up. It came right apart.

Yes.....actually the connector on the wiring harness just unscrews.....it has a oversized coarse thread with the electrical terminations inside.

I stand corrected :blush. Nice to see people can provide a correction without using ridicule and a flame thrower. :D

I replaced my catalytic last week and didn't go so far as to disconnect the O2 sensor from the wiring harness. If I had, I would have known. Apologies for my being wrong earlier.

I replaced my catalytic last week and didn't go so far as to disconnect the O2 sensor from the wiring harness. If I had, I would have known.

Well, you would have known that on your bike it simply unplugs. The earlier bikes have the threaded plug.

Back