• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New to Forum, Is there Classifies

I believe that the web team is going to integrate an online classified section once they get the new site up with the memebers only section.

garry_kramer said:
Is the a forum for Classifies for members? Buy & Sell?

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE MOA, MAKE A CLASSIFIED SECTION A REALITY. Could be members only or open to the general public. Open to the public opens up the possibility of bringing non BMW riders into the family.

Personally, I don't care, just please get us an online CLASSIFIED SECTION.

Thanks,

when the members only section opens, i plan to go out and purchase a members only jacket. i want a grey one, with snaps. perhaps someone will sell them in the classified section.

Hey, it is what makes our forum unique. We are the ONLY motorcycle forum I visit that DOESNT have a classified section. What amazes me is that if you look at the classifieds in the ON, almost all lf them have an EMAIL address attached to them. Call them or email them and I bet the stuff is sold because it was ONLINE somewhere else.

I know I want to list my stuff in the ON and wait a couple months before anyone knows it is for sale. I resist putting in online, because I know that no one riding a BMW would ever look online for something to buy from a fellow rider.

couldn't decide which comment, you pick:

stupid comment #1
We don't need no classified section, how many times do I have to tell you guys these computers and the internet is just a passing fancy. An overblown fad. So 20th century

Stupid comment #2
Wanted to buy
A clasified section on this forum, willing to pay $32 a year for this.

stupid comment #3
what we need is some personels
MWM looking for older GS for dirty fun, looks un-important, its what inside that counts.

1fastjunebug said:
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE MOA, MAKE A CLASSIFIED SECTION A REALITY. Could be members only or open to the general public. Open to the public opens up the possibility of bringing non BMW riders into the family.

Personally, I don't care, just please get us an online CLASSIFIED SECTION.

Thanks,

Sooooooooooooooooooon.

Believe me. I've been arguing for it since the day we started this forum.

One of the things we think MOA forum classifieds will add is freedom from scammers. The ads will be visible only to other MOA members, so the folks that scam online advertising won't be able to see them.

To do that, we need to make some final implementations to finish the split of the site into member and non-member sides. The folks that do the development for the MOA's membership database products are helping us get vBulletin, iMIS and the other products fully integrated into a single log in structure. When that happens, which should be fairly soon, we'll get classifieds and other member specific items up here on the site.

I think that step will really propel the importance of the web site forward as part of our strategy to provide more services, content and value to the members.

So how would that work? Would non members be able to view items for sale but not respond, or would they just not be able to post an ad? Having member / non-member sections sounds complicated.

Buzzez said:
So how would that work? Would non members be able to view items for sale but not respond, or would they just not be able to post an ad? Having member / non-member sections sounds complicated.

From the user perspective, it's quite simple. You're a member of a user group, which allows you to see specific forums. For example, regular registered users can't see the super secret Mod Lounge and Cigar Bar. We'll arrange the forum so that non registered members can see that there's a classifieds section and maybe the thread titles, but they won't be able to open the threads and look inside for the particulars. We can do all this using the tools that are available on the forum right now, in combination with the membership database.

We think this will accomplish two things. It'll encourage people to join the MOA and it will protect sellers by allowing only MOA members to see their items for sale.

From the user perspective, it'll be simple. You'll log in as usual and you'll see the stuff your membership entitles you to see.

Well let's do it then. Chop, chop. I've got a K75s I'm thinking of selling :p

lorazepam said:
Hey, it is what makes our forum unique. We are the ONLY motorcycle forum I visit that DOESNT have a classified section. What amazes me is that if you look at the classifieds in the ON, almost all lf them have an EMAIL address attached to them. Call them or email them and I bet the stuff is sold because it was ONLINE somewhere else.

I know I want to list my stuff in the ON and wait a couple months before anyone knows it is for sale. I resist putting in online, because I know that no one riding a BMW would ever look online for something to buy from a fellow rider.

I listed a windshield in the ON and online in a few places last fall. Sold it shortly thereafter. Then started getting phone calls a month and a half later. At first I didn't know what they were talking about. Then I remembered I submitted it for the ON. Guess I should have held out for a higher price. If you are selling something old or strange there is no better place to get a few buyers than the ON. But, I didn't get any emails from the ON listing.

Mark11LT, I like stupid comment #3 best!

Buzzez said:
Well let's do it then. Chop, chop. I've got a K75s I'm thinking of selling :p

Would yesterday be soon enough? ;)

The 'MOA has a "web team" made of members involved in the "technical" and "content" areas. As Dave said, we have plans for an on-line classified section, along with a LOT of other really cool stuff. However, we are still working through some nasty little technical issues to get to where we can split the site and start implementing the new stuff. I don't know how many of you have done any computer support, but it really ain't over, 'till it's over.

But, we'll get there and just as soon as we can! The whole web team wants these improvements just as much (if not more :clap ) than anyone else. You should see the pile of used stuff I'm saving up!!

Back